photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10943 06/05/08 09:00 PM
R
OP Offline
R
I am adopting a baby in three months. I have two bio children that were exclusivley nnursed for three years each. I started trying to induce lactation last year to help a family member, but they didn't need my help after all. I was doing just the dom and fenugreek, and produced drops of milk and then up to maybe 2 ounces at each pumping session. Now I am adopting a baby in about three months if all go well. I can't take b/c pills. I know that I can take Goat's Rue, but how much should I take, and the pump in style that I have is very old should I get a new one. I have already ordered the dom

Colorado
M
experienced member
experienced member
M
Colorado
I also can't take bcp's so I am using Goat's Rue. I take one capsule 4x/day. I don't know what to tell you about the pump. You could check with a lactation consultant to see if they can check that the pump still has enough suction. I know a friend of mine was considering using a pump that she had from her first child and she was able to get it tested by the hospital LC.

Michele
Mommy to Danielle born 5/30/08 and Brady born 12/26/10
Wisconsin
G
G
Wisconsin
What does the Goats Rue do?

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
Goats rue helps to build up the breast tissue if you can't take BCP's. It is not necessary if you do the protocol with the BCP's.

Wisconsin
G
G
Wisconsin
Thanks - good to know!

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.