Next Thread
Print Thread
#11051 07/06/08 08:02 AM
Esther Offline OP
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
Hello friends,

It has been some time since my last post. My babes are keeping me busy but I wanted to pass on some info that you may not know.

Lenore has been trying to get the word out about her study for her doctoral program but is under orders from her school not to personally post on her own website. So I decided to step in here and let you all know that her study can be found here: http://www.inducedlactationsurvey.com and anyone who induced lactation is invited to participate whether or not they followed a protocol.

I was able to complete the survey in just over 60 minutes. It was actully quite interesting and fun to do. She was there for me when I needed help breastfeeding and so it was great to be able to help out.

Esther

E
E
Thank you for posting this. I did the survey last week. You're right it was interesting. I'm happy I did it.

Ellen

Esther Offline OP
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
Hello Friends,

I saw this post on another site from Dr. Newman and thought I'd pass it on:

I'm hoping you can help us out with a doctoral study that is being conducted and for which I sit on the doctoral committee.

I have been asking my colleagues in the lactation world to please help get the word out that a study is up on the internet in the form of a web-based survey. We are inviting mothers who have induced lactation to participate in a web-based study that will give them the opportunity to share their experience. This is the first time anyone has looked at this population in over 30 years.

We are trying to gather as many women who induced lactation as possible. It is not necessary for them to have followed a particular protocol and so all women who induced lactation and provided breastmilk to their infants are welcome to participate. It would be a privilege to include the stories of members of ABRW in the study and would help to balance the various perspectives of how women induce lactation and the experiences they have had in doing so.

The information is available via this link: http://www.inducedlactationsurvey.com

Please pass on this information to anyone you feel would be interested and ask anyone who wishes to participate to please contact us via the above site to obtain their unique ID and password to access the survey. These IDs and passwords are being issued to help ensure confidentiality.

The study has been reviewed by, and received ethics clearance through, the Institutional Review Board of the Union Institute and University as well as the Office of Research Ethics, University of Waterloo.

If you would be so kind as to post this information on your message board, that would be wonderful. Any assistance you can provide would be most appreciated.

Respectfully yours,
Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC, IBCLC

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.