Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Morningstar you would add the herbs now if you choose to just continue with what you are doing and keep pumping around the clock until baby arrives.
If you change courses to do the full protocol you would continue the Dom stop pumping and take the bcp (active pills only) for whatever time you determine. You could do 60 days on the bcp and dom then stop the bcp add in herbs and start pumping again to increase your supply before baby arrives.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
FL, USA
M
M
FL, USA
Lalle,
If this were you which route would you choose.
I have BF 5 biological children. Not sure which route is best.

Idaho
Idaho
I actually tried with just herbs and the lact-aid when my daughter was born. I had breastfed both my bio boys at that point and the second one for over 2 years. It had been about 10 years since I had any milk. So with just that I think I came close to producing 1/3 of her needs. As time went on I added Dom and did some pumping and I got close to 1/2 her needs. Eventually I did the accelerated protocol and produced all her milk. She was taking solids at that time but we completely quit using the lact-aid and/or any bottles and she went on to nurse until she was 2 and I was 5 months into my last pregnancy then.

So given my experience I would personally do the protocol if I had a chance to adopt again.

How long has it been since your last child stopped nursing?

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
my suggestions would be to continue to pump. If your getting an ounce only after 1 week of pumping, I would be curious to see how much you would have after 3 weeks. If you do not continue to increase I would then go on the protocol for 2 months. So I would pump for october.. If my milk did not increase I would do the protocol for nov and december. Then start pumping again the beginning of january

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Idaho
Idaho
That is true you could do what Nona suggests you certainly have enough time before baby gets here.

FL, USA
M
M
FL, USA
Thanks so much,I will do that . OH and Lalle, I got a litle chuckle from your question. I last nursed 11 years ago. I am 40 now. My baby is now 13. He nursed for about 2 years.
Guess I better go pump and see what this old new mama to be has got.
Thnaks so much ladies... i'll let you know my progress this month.

Morningstar LOL your not an old mama I am 45 and doing another surrogacy.IF I am right Lenore was 47 with her second surrogacy. I hope I am right on that one.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Idaho
Idaho
I was 37 when we adopted Beka and 39 when we had Rab. I want another one and I am now 45. You are definitely not old, Morningstar smile

FL, USA
M
M
FL, USA
Thanks for the encouragement ladies....I suddenly feel 28 again lol.
Not as much milk today... about 2 oz. total. I am going to add the herbs tomorrow and if i dont see an increase in a week or so I think i'll just go ahead and start the bc pills and take a break from pumping till mid December.
I had a tubal reversal and have had 4 m/c since then. I know I can get preg. and i hate to start bc if there is a chance I can carry another sweet little one.
Regardless I want to breastfeed this wonderful new addition in Jan.
Thanks everyone

Idaho
Idaho
Morningstar I got pregnant after doing the protocol. My DH had a vas reversal and 2 years later I got pregnant. Within 5 months of completing the protocol. I think it actually might have helped me get my self back on track.

disclaimer: I am in no way saying that this will happen for everyone. I just know it happened for me. smile

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.