Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
FL, USA
M
M
FL, USA
Thanks so much. Congratulations as well. I know everything happens for a reason and whatever comes my way I am grateful for. It seems like January will never get here.

Last edited by morningstar; 10/08/08 04:11 PM.
FL, USA
M
M
FL, USA
Heres an update. Suddenly it feels like my milk has "come in". I woke up dying to pump this morning.
I am producing 5 oz a day (i don't pump in the night)
This is strictly dom and pumping. I finally bought the fenugreek today. They didn't have blessed thistle. I'll pick it up in a neighboring town tomorrow.
Is this a fair amount. Should it increase substantially with the herbs?
Is 5 oz good after 3 weeks?
Thanks for your expertise ladies!

Last edited by morningstar; 10/18/08 04:58 AM.
Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I think the fenugreek is more important than the blessed thistle. I would start taking it 3 pills 3 times a day right away. I would also add in 1 night pumping session. That is the most important thing you can do to increase your supply. 5 oz a day is great. I think it will increase if you add in the night pumping and add in the herbs.
Jennifer

Idaho
Idaho
Ditto what Jen said.
smile 5 oz right now is great!

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
FL, USA
M
M
FL, USA
Thanks so much. That makes me feel better. Maybe I can actually pull this off without the bc. I am hopeful. I'll keep you posted.

Sounds like your doing fantastic! But you do want to use BOTH fenugreek and blessed thistle. They work TOGETHER

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
FL, USA
M
M
FL, USA
Just a post to catch up. I am still 5-6 oz a day. Will I gradually increase? I don't want to have less before the baby gets here. I found out last week the due date is actually Feb. 21.(its a boy!)
Thats alot of pumping till then, but thats okay. I just want to be able to have as much as possible before he arrives. Anything else I can do to increase my supply? I compress and pump, shake, pump etc.
How much does a newborn eat a day?
Thanks ladies!

Illinois
J
J
Illinois
A brand new baby will drink very little. Maybe 8 oz a day (remember from a new mom they will get only colustrum which is not much). They will increse to around 24 oz on average between 1-6 months of age according to kellymom.com
Just keep pumping, you have time to keep increasing. Did you start pumping once at night?
Jennifer

FL, USA
M
M
FL, USA

Jennifer
LoL..
I have gotten into a bad habit of staying up late and pumping around midnight.
I haven't managed to drag my lazy bosoms out of the bed yet.
Also, I haven't introduced the blessed thistle yet. I went to 3 different stores with no luck so i ordered it online a couple of days ago.
I also just increased the dom from 2 pills 4x a day, to 3 pills 3x a day. Is this okay? It just seemed easier.
One more question. I talk to the birth mother usually every week or two on the phone. I haven't told her about my milk supply because..well i really don't know why. I guess because i dont want to freak her out. Anyway, I'd love to feed the baby at the hospital. I know the papers can't be signed intil he is 24 hrs old. Do you know how hospitals feel about adoptive breastfeeding mothers?
Marla

Idaho
Idaho
Marla increasing your dom like that is fine.
As for nursing at the hospital. I didn't even though my daughters birthmom probably would have been fine with it. I just waited until we were at our hotel together. It was less than 48 hours after birth. I guess it depends on the hospital staff. I had a number of nurses who were so negative about the fact that birthmom was placing baby for adoption I can only imagine what they would have thought if I wanted to nurse. If you don't feel confident then I would just wait until the papers are signed. By then you will have a feel for the hospital and can decide then.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.