photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
OP Offline
M
HI ALL I AM NEW HERE AND COULD USE A LITTLE HELP. PLEASE? I AM ADOPTING AND THE BABY IS DUE IN 6 WEEKS BUT THE BIRTH MOM HAS NEVER MADE IT THIS FAR ALONG IN A PREGNANCY BEFORE SO REALLY IT COULD BE ANYDAY NOW. I STARTED THE DOMPERIDONE 60 MG ADAY A WEEK AGO AND HAVE BEEN PUMPING FOR A WEEK, BUT ONLY GET A DROP OR TWO FROM EACH BREAST WHAT CAN I DO TO INCREASE MY SUPPLY FAST??????
ANY HELP WOULD BE DEEPLY APPRECIATED.

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Are you able to take the BCP and do the accelerated protocol? You could go on that for 30+ days. If the baby gets here before that time is up stay on the protocol but nurse with a lact-aid. After you drop the bcp add herbs and keep taking Dom. Baby at breast will help bring in your supply.
If you can't do the BCP then stay on the dom but up it to at least 80mg a day (you can go as high as 120mg but that should be a gradual increase only if you aren't seeing results) YOu need to add the herbs Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle taking 3 caps of each 3 times a day.
How often are you pumping and what pump are you using? If you do the protocol you would need to stop pumping until you drop the bcps.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
M
OP Offline
M
what is a lact-aid? i am puumping 4-5 a day and 1 a night i am using the ameda purely yours double electric pump

Last edited by MAMACITA6; 10/12/08 04:37 AM.
The ameda purely yours is not the best pump to use.. Its suction is not NEAR as strong as the Medela pump in style. The lact-aid is a suplimental nursing system. It has a bag and a tiny tube that runs over the top of your nipple for your baby to suckle at the breast even if there is not enough milk from the breast itself. I love the lact-aid it works great for me.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Here is the lact-aid website. http://www.lact-aid.com/

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
M
OP Offline
M
OK GREAT I JUST BOUGHT THE LACT AID KIT AND I AM BUYING A MEDELA PUMP IN SYTLE. I PRAY THIS ALL WORKS I WANT NOTHING MORE THEN TO NURSE MY BABY GIRL!! I NURSED MY THREE SONS BUT THEY ARE 14,11,9 SO ITS BEEN A LONG TIME. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP.

Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Hi Mamacita,

Just want to encourage you. I am 47 and now have 7 children, the youngest 3 ( 19, 11,and 4 months) by adoption. Our 4 month old( Bolivian born) old was given into our arms at 1 hr old and I decided to try and re lactate after 19 years! I prayed and sought information and help which I found on this site.

It's not the same as my bio children, but I am supplying a good portion of her daily needs and using the lact -aid for the rest. The bond is deep and the love only grows each time I give her part of me with my milk.

So take courage and press forward, it is worth ALL the effort

smile

Linda

M
OP Offline
M
WOW I AM GLAD I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE WITH SO MANY KIDS. I HAVE 5 NOW, WITH THE ADOPTION IT WILL MAKE 6. AGES 14,12,11,10,9 AND ONE YET TO BE BORN. 3 BIO, 2 STEP AND 1 ADOPTION. I AM SO BLESSED AND EXCITED I CAN'T WAIT TILL SHE IS HERE!

S
shy Offline
S
HI Linda.. I need help.. I have been nursing our baby we adopted at 2 days old for 14 mo, and now he does not want to nurse ,, only this am he did after 2 weeks. I want to relactate and we may be able to adopt another baby if we get called by 3 adoption agencys. I stoped my domperidone 5 days ago..and should I start the domperidone again?? should I start with 1 pill and then wait for a day or 2 and do 2 pills and then do 3 pills after a week or so? I was taking 3 pills 3 times per day,,but, never got a full supply. I think it has to do with me being in menopause. But, I do not know what to do.. I also have 8 kids now, most are grown.. and my youngest ones are 14 a girl and 15 a boy who were also adopted from Korea. thanks so much for any help! Lisa C

Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Hi Lisa,

I would go on the accelerated protocol. Even though you have some milk, it would be better for you to do the complete protocol so that your system kicks in well.
Because I traveled the day Audrey was born, I didn't start the protocol until 10 days afterwards. It was hard to wait for that month complete, but I am convinced it was worth it, with my milk supply building gradually. The lact -aid works really well to keep them latched on to the breast while supplying the milk.

Some gals get a full supply very fast after going off the protocol. Definitely DO not pump, it will confuse your body. Yes, start the Domperidone again, 80mg a day plus the BCP. They work together to 'trick' your body into thinking it's pregnant, and when you stop, it's like you gave birth. It really works!
As to the menopause part, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should write Lenore directly ( her address is on the home page) and ask if anything needs to be different.

It would seem that since you were nursing up till 2 weeks ago, it should be fine.

hope this helps
Linda

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.