Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Shy, are you taking hormone replacement for menopause? Here is a menopause protocol http://www.asklenore.info/breastfeeding/induced_lactation/menopause_protocol.html
If you are not on hormone replacement I believe you can just do the regular protocol that Linda described. Yasmin & bcp
Nona, is that right?

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
S
shy Offline
S
HI Nona.. I am in menopause for 5-6 yrs now, and I have been nursing our baby Bradley who is 14 mo since he was 2 days old. I never did make a full supply for him , so he has formula and donated Breastmilk too. He will not nurse now at 14 mo.. the only time he did was this morn , both sides for a few minutes. it was a shock ! I am having very serve Vag dryness and it is not helping my marriage. my hubby is very understanding , but, the pain is terrible. I am going to talk to the Bio iden pharm today and try to get some Bi identical vag creme that he will make up special for me after I do saliva testing. We do not have a baby in the picture yet, but, we are trying to adopt another baby in the next 6 mo to a year. So , I thought I would dryup , but, I am having 2nd thoughts about it and not sure what to do. I do not want to have to start all over again withthe BC pills etc. I do not really want to use a Lact aid either. I do not have time for that at all. But, I do want to nurse again , and not give all fomula . I did write Lenore, but, she has not written me back yet.. thanks so much for writing back everyone! Lisa C

S
shy Offline
S
HI,, I am not taking hormone replacement therapy.. nothing at all now. I am now taking 1 pill of domperidone, and I just started that today, after not taking any domperidone since the 9th of Oct. I still have milk though..I have not dried up yet,, so that is good. .can I just pump and free my milk? until we are able to adopt? we do not know how long that will be either. thanks so much.. Lisa C

Idaho
Idaho
Lisa are you wanting to increase your milk for your 14 mo old? Or are you wanting to keep milk going in the hopes of getting a new baby? I am not clear on what you are trying to do and it will make a difference in how you proceed at this point.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
S
shy Offline
S
HI Laurie.. I am wanting to continue as my hubby and I are open to adopting a new baby if God wants another baby with special needs in our family.. we want to be open , and would love for our Bradley who is now 14 mo old to have a sibling. My son Bradley has not wanted to nurse for weeks,, but,this morning when he 1st got awake,, he wanted to nurse !!! I was in shock.. he is adopted and has had formula and donated Breastmilk as well as what ever I could produce, which has never been that much. but, I loved nursing him as I did nurse my birth sons 30, 28 and 25 years ago. We adopted Bradley at 2 days old and he nursed that very day! I really do not want to dry up and have to start all over with BC pills and all of that protocall.. so, I am just hoping that I can pump 2-3 times per day and take 90 mg of domperidone and not have to start over . I just need help to know what to do so I will not have to start over when and if we ever get another baby. I am in menopause and have been for 5 years, almost 6. I am waiting for Lenore in Canada to write me back as I wrote to her about this very thing too. I really need help.. I was going to stop nursing as Bradley did not want to anymore until today. but, who knows what he will want tomorrow. and I do want to be ready if we ever get to adopt again, as I do want to give the new baby Breastmilk , donor milk and my milk and if I have to forumla.I do not know if Bradley will want to nurse any more.. I am in shock that he did that today! thanks, Lisa Culp

S
shy Offline
S
HI Laurie.. I am wanting to continue as my hubby and I are open to adopting a new baby if God wants another baby with special needs in our family.. we want to be open , and would love for our Bradley who is now 14 mo old to have a sibling. My son Bradley has not wanted to nurse for weeks,, but,this morning when he 1st got awake,, he wanted to nurse !!! I was in shock.. he is adopted and has had formula and donated Breastmilk as well as what ever I could produce, which has never been that much. but, I loved nursing him as I did nurse my birth sons 30, 28 and 25 years ago. We adopted Bradley at 2 days old and he nursed that very day! I really do not want to dry up and have to start all over with BC pills and all of that protocall.. so, I am just hoping that I can pump 2-3 times per day and take 90 mg of domperidone and not have to start over . I just need help to know what to do so I will not have to start over when and if we ever get another baby. I am in menopause and have been for 5 years, almost 6. I am waiting for Lenore in Canada to write me back as I wrote to her about this very thing too. I really need help.. I was going to stop nursing as Bradley did not want to anymore until today. but, who knows what he will want tomorrow. and I do want to be ready if we ever get to adopt again, as I do want to give the new baby Breastmilk , donor milk and my milk and if I have to forumla.I do not know if Bradley will want to nurse any more.. I am in shock that he did that today! thanks, Lisa Culp

Idaho
Idaho
Lisa I would try the dom and pumping as well as the herbs Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle 3 caps 3 time a day. You will need to pump more than 2-3 times a day but you can work up to that. If Bradley is nursing more and more then you can just pump to keep things going. If he stops completely and you find the dom and herbs plus pumping are not working you can always change courses and go on the protocol with the bcp. You can do the accelerated protocol in as little as 30 days and can even do it while nursing a baby with a lact-aid.

I have heard taking Evening Primrose oil is good for vaginal dryness.

S
shy Offline
S
HI Laurie.. thanks so much for responding ! I do not think that Bradley will nurse , he has only nursed this am only once today. but, who knows if he will keep that up at 14 mo old. I do not know if we will be able to adopt again as we are older parents..and the agency we got Bradley thru picked us as the mom did not want to pick! so, that was how we got him! It was a real God thing, that is for sure! I think I will do the pumping and try to work up to more pumpings , but that is very hard with ababy and my other kids are teens and come every Tuesday and every other weekend. I do not really want to use the Lactaid as that would be hard to use with my teen son in the house.. he does not think Breastfeeding is very good.. he is only 15 and does not understand it at all. my dauughter is 14 and she is fine with it. If I find out we are getting a baby in the next 6 mo , I could try the BCPills aagin , if I can not get my milk back up to where it was with Bradley. Should I do the menopausal protocall instead , as that is what I am in for the last 5 years. I have never heard of Evening Primrose oil.. is in used as a vag type ointment?? I have so much pain , I think I am going to use Bio identical creme until I get a baby to nurse.. the BIo identical Pharm said I could use it until I get a baby , and then I have to stop. He said all menopausal women experience pain , and I am living proof of that.. no on talks about it though. it is a real pain to have to have that after we women are the ones to have to have all the pain having babies! But , that is the way life is sometimes,, not fair! I think I can not take Fenugreek , as I tried before and my feet swelled. I will try the Blessed Thistle though. what else could I use? thanks so much..Lisa Culp

S
shy Offline
S
HI Laurie.. thanks so much for responding ! I do not think that Bradley will nurse , he has only nursed this am only once today. but, who knows if he will keep that up at 14 mo old. I do not know if we will be able to adopt again as we are older parents..and the agency we got Bradley thru picked us as the mom did not want to pick! so, that was how we got him! It was a real God thing, that is for sure! I think I will do the pumping and try to work up to more pumpings , but that is very hard with ababy and my other kids are teens and come every Tuesday and every other weekend. I do not really want to use the Lactaid as that would be hard to use with my teen son in the house.. he does not think Breastfeeding is very good.. he is only 15 and does not understand it at all. my dauughter is 14 and she is fine with it. If I find out we are getting a baby in the next 6 mo , I could try the BCPills aagin , if I can not get my milk back up to where it was with Bradley. Should I do the menopausal protocall instead , as that is what I am in for the last 5 years. I have never heard of Evening Primrose oil.. is in used as a vag type ointment?? I have so much pain , I think I am going to use Bio identical creme until I get a baby to nurse.. the BIo identical Pharm said I could use it until I get a baby , and then I have to stop. He said all menopausal women experience pain , and I am living proof of that.. no on talks about it though. it is a real pain to have to have that after we women are the ones to have to have all the pain having babies! But , that is the way life is sometimes,, not fair! I think I can not take Fenugreek , as I tried before and my feet swelled. I will try the Blessed Thistle though. what else could I use? thanks so much..Lisa Culp

Yes Laurie she could go on the regular protocol. Shy... if you chose to go on the protocol again the BCPs WILL help with vaginal dryness.
But if you have the commitment to pump and take domperidone and herbs then I would say go for it. How much milk do you pump?

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.