Next Thread
Print Thread
#11889 10/17/08 10:16 PM
S
sdmommy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I have so many questions...

I am 27 and mom of 2 girls ages 8 and 3. I had TONS of milk with my oldest and breastfed for 18 months. I didn't have much with my younger daughter but my life was beyond stressful. She nursed for 6 months. My DH and I are hoping to adopt a baby due in Feb via a friend's sister. I have horrible reactions to all birth control pills I have tried and I have tried several but nothing I wouldn't deal with to induce lactation. Should I still use the pill protocol? I have 4 or 5 months supply of Ortho Trycyclen(sp) Can I start taking this or does it have to be Yasmin? I did try by just pumping for a sibling of this baby on the way a year ago and started getting sprays until my period started. It was such a let down since he was a drug baby and could have benefited greatly from my milk. This baby will more than likely be a drug baby as well so I know if I can give him/her this amazing gift the benefit would be wonderful. I am just not sure which protocol to go with and all the steps. I have read but I am hoping there might be someone out there with advise on my situation. I still have my pump in style and want to start asap. All advise is greatly appreciated.

sdmommy #11890 10/17/08 10:39 PM
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Ortho 1/35 or Yasmin are the recommended. Go and read the protocols located here http://www.asklenore.info/breastfeeding/abindex.html Scroll down the Adoptive Breastfeeding section

You will get more responses too if you post in the various sections too.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Lalle #11897 10/18/08 06:30 AM
Illinois
J
J
Illinois
I would personally do the BCP and dom for a couple months and then start pumping 4-6 weeks before the baby is due. I think it will give you the best chance of being successful. Good luck.
Jennifer

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.