L
Linda Offline OP
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Hi,

Am I the only one out there that has weight gain that refuses to come off? I worry about cutting back to much on calorie intake since it might affect milk production. I've been on domp/FG an BT for 3.5 months

Does Domp have a reputation for helping those fat cells stay put?

Any help or encouragement would be welcome

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Many of the women here have had success with a High Protein lower carb eating plan to shed those pounds. That way you aren't limiting calories so much.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
H
H
Hi Linda. I ahve been on Domp. for 6 months, and have been pumping for 5 months now, and have since gained 30 pounds !! That's a lot of weight gain but to be honest I am not concerning myself about it since I am more excited about almost being a mom :-)

P.S. I am hoping to lose that weight gradually once baby is here and I start nursing.

good luck.

Hapi
C
C
I can second this advice. I too gained about 30 pounds following the protocol. I successfully induced lactation and was able to completely breastfeed our adopted newborn. However the weight didn't seem to budge but about 15 pounds after I dropped the Dom. Our baby is now 20 months old and still nursing and I was only able to get the rest of my weight (plus some that I had prior to starting the protocol)off following a reduced carb/high protein diet and as Lalle said my milk production was not affected I think primarily due to my increased caloric intake. Good luck to you and I can tell you from experience that it will all be worth it (weight gain and all) when your baby is gazing into your eyes as she/he nurses. Hang in there!

South Carolina
R
R
South Carolina
I am right there with you - I've been on just the accelerated protocol for just one month now (Yasmin & dom.) and have put on a good bit of weight. I know it's not the Yasmin, b/c I've been on that for years for other reasons. I am so glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this! My husband and I just ordered a series of workout videos to do together - just watching what I eat isn't cutting it. My younger sister's preganant right now and I feel like I'm going to gain more weight than she does. smile I still feel like it's totally worth it, though. Just frustrating. Thanks fo bringing this up; company is comforting.

My wonderful husband and I are in the process of our first adoption (domestic infant). We can't wait to have our first little one join us.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.