Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
FL, USA
M
M
FL, USA
I am back, its been awhile!
I have been religously pumping 3x a day. I average 8 oz. a day.
The due date is still Feb 21st. I started pumping every two hours today and plan on a strict schedule of night pumping from here on out.
I take the dom 3 pills 3x a day and the fenugreek. What else can I do to improve my supply before he gets here. Can I increase the dom more?
I know i should be taking the blessed thistle but can't find anyone that carries it..i ordered it online and they sent me a refund and i haven't bothered to order it from another supplier.
Shame on me!
Thanks for advice ladies!
Marla

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I wouldn't think about increasing until you've been pumping 8+ times a day for a while. I actually wouldn't increase until you have the baby and only if you need it at that point. If you do need to increase, I would do 3 tablets 4 times a day. If you can get the blessed thistle - great, but I found that it didn't have as much of an effect on my supply as the fenugreek.
8oz a day with 3 pumping sessions is great. As you increase the number of sessions, you will probably see less milk at each session, but should see an increase over the course of the day. Good luck.
Jennifer

Idaho
Idaho
Ditto what Jennifer said. Upping your pumping will increase your supply over time be patient. You should see changes with in a week.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
FL, USA
M
M
FL, USA
Thanks again!
I have noticed significantly less at each pumping,but today i stayed on schedule and never got less than 1oz, usually a little more.
I know supplementing is likely,and i have 3 months worth of milk so thats okay, but it would be awesome if i didn't have to.
Also, we have to travel (by car) 11 hours (one way) to get the baby when he his born. Since taking my frozen milk isn't really a great option, do you suggest having a bottle on hand (just in case)for the trip or going ahead and purchasing a lactaid device?
I know these are common sense questions, just wondering what worked best for others in this situation.
Marla

Idaho
Idaho
Marla you could take your milk frozen in a cooler with you. If you can get dry ice it will stay frozen for a couple days. I do suggest having a lact-aid that way you can nurse baby right away. and if you are getting an ounce per pumping session right now you may have enough milk to nurse without it but it is good to have on hand.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Illinois
J
J
Illinois
My baby only took an oz to 1.5oz at any one session in the first few days. Even after a week she was only taking no more than 2 oz at a time. Just keep up the pumping. The lactaid could be helpful, but I would have a bottle too just in case. I had a really hard time with the lactaid and we just bottle fed for the first week while I was building a supply (I had no notice to pump, so started pumping the day we were placed with her). I did have a pump car adaptor and pumped in the car every 2 hours (what else are you going to do?). That really helped to jumpstart my supply.
Jennifer

L
L
Before reading your article I don't have any idea about this . Thank's for giving me knowledge about a new thing.

Lisa11
Drug Intervention North Dakota

Canada
L
L
Canada
Lisa,

What article are you referring to? And what exactly is Drug Intervention North Dakota? Similar drug intervention links are appearing on posts and do not appear to be relevant to our discussions. We want to give all women a voice but advertising on our site is generally not accepted. It's an information site, not a commercial site. Although mothers provide links to each other to faciliate their individual protocols, as well as to their own personal websites, they do not tend to carry a link that just differs by a city name and which leads to the same site each time. If you would be so kind as to explain your reasoning for including these links, I would be most appreciative. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'll have to delete these links. You are of course welcome to continue posting but if your advertising links become worrisome to our moms, I may have to delete your posts as well. You are welcome to continue posting for the time being while we sort this out.

Best, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
FL, USA
M
M
FL, USA
HI. I'm back.......
Just an update...I am up to 10.5 ounces a day. the baby is due in 24 days!
I think I'll continue to slowly increase until then, but here's my ??
Did most of you see a noticable increase once you got the baby to to the breast.
I am really hoping that will happen.
Oh, and I do have a car adaptor (so I can pump on the trip) and the lactaid.
OH, and another ??. Do most relactating women quit having their periods. I know i didn't have one when I breast fed my other children. I assume being on a protocol can produce the same effects.
I have taken multiple pregnancy tests so I am sure I am not pregnant.
Thanks again for your help.
Marla

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.