Next Thread
Print Thread
FL, USA
M
OP Offline
M
FL, USA
HI. I'm back.......
Just an update...I am up to 10.5 ounces a day. the baby is due in 24 days!
I think I'll continue to slowly increase until then, but here's my ??
Did most of you see a noticable increase once you got the baby to to the breast.I am really hoping that will happen.
I am so nervous..its an 11 hour trip and the birth mom wants me there when he is born. Any other ideas to increase production please let me know...
How am I on production compared to others who took the bc?
Do most relactating women quit having their periods. I know i didn't have one when I breast fed my other children. I assume being on a protocol can produce the same effects.
I have taken multiple pregnancy tests so I am sure I am not pregnant.
Thanks again for your help.
Marla

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Marla I think you are doing great! You should see an increase once baby is at breast. A lot of women have their period go away for awhile. I think it is different for each person.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Illinois
J
J
Illinois
I think you are doing great too! Keep up the good work. The baby is definitely better at getting the milk than a pump is.
I got my period when I went of the BCP, but then didn't get it again. I still haven't gotten it and my daughter is 13 months old.
Jennifer

Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
You are doing wonderful.
My DD is always able to get far more milk than the pump. Right now she is 7 months old and when I pump I get maybe 4 oz per feed. I can guarantee that she gets at least 3 oz more than that when she nurses.
As one gal said " pumps pump you, but babies milk you!"

good luck!

You are doing fantastic! Make sure your getting in you night pumping. A lot of adoptive nursing moms periods stop when they pump. Keep us updated. Any yes you will continue to increase after baby is at the breast

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
FL, USA
M
OP Offline
M
FL, USA
Thanks Ladies!
I need the encouragement.
I have a new 7 week old grandson and I watched him gulp 4 oz today at one time.
My first thoughts were..... oh no!!!!!
Its great to hear so much encouragement.
I'll keep everyone posted. The birth mom called me a little earlier and she has an appt in the morning.
Things are great. She needs me and I need all of you!
Thanks again,
Marla

M
M
congrats Marla, you are doing a great job. I was wondering the same?? as you. I am up to7-8 ounces a day but I only pump every 4 hours and not at night. I will pump at night 2 weeks before baby is born. I plan on increasing to every 3 hours the last week.
Only 35 more days for us!!!!!

Melissa DW to Dan, Mom to Dakota-18 by birth, Olivia-6 by TS and Sarah by adoption born 3/6/09

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.