photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
I realize most of this is my mistake for not pumping like I should have however:

I am 4 weeks post-partum. I delivered my son on Feb. 21st and he immediately got frustrated while trying to get him to take to the breast. Despite all the effort I made to make sure it got done ASAP the hospital failed to circumcise my son before discharge so I was unable to start breastfeeding consistantly enough. So I lost even more time while he recovered from that.

I have started to dry up and would like to know what I need to do to increase my supply so that maybe in a month or two maybe he will take to me and so I can start giving him something better than formula. Also I've already spent the $$$ on a Medela Pump In Style.

What do I need to do as far as a pumping schedule and herbs.

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
You need to get your baby to the breast now. I suggest first seeing a board certified Lactation consultant. You can use a supplemental nurser to get him taking milk or formula at your breast. The Lact-aid is fantastic. Pumping after feeds would help stimulate your breasts also. But having baby latching and nursing is the best stimulation and doing it at 4 weeks versus 8 weeks is best. What I mean is the sooner you get him back on the breast the better.
I don't really understand the comment about his circumscision interferring with nursing. Getting some supportive help will do wonders for getting you on the right track.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.