photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
C
Originally Posted By: hvnsnt
What kind of pumps do you ladies use/recommend? I'll have been on the protocol for about 2 month's when I go off BCP to start pumping. Should I just buy a good pump? If so which one? Should I rent a hospital grade pump for 2 month's then buy a good pump once my LO arrives? I want to make sure I get enough milk as possible. Granted renting is kind of a waste of money when I could put it towards buying a pump but if it would mean getting more milk then I'd do it.

What do you ladies think?

always get a dual electric breast pump if you can.. saves A LOT of time..

medela is a top brand most moms get.. the medela freestyle is the ultimate model but is a bit pricey.. you can check out more breast pump reviews here

K
K
I like the Medela Pump in Style Advance

K
K
I like the Medela Pump in Style Advance

K
K
I like the Medela Pump in Style Advance You can often find one on craiglists unused and still in the box.. I wouldn't bother with a rental because you may still need it after your baby arrives or for when you need to be away.

D
D
I wouldn't bother with a rental, either. Things like the Pump In Style have as much suction as you need. The main difference is that the hospital grade rental pumps have motors that are heavy duty enough for heavy use for years and years.

Another thing I would recommend is that you get a bustier or hands-free conversion kit. That way, you can rest, read, or something like that while pumping. I suspect that kind of thing would have helped me a lot, because I had a big problem with anxiety from thinking about it too much keeping me from letting down my milk with a pump. It is pretty hard to keep from focusing on it when you have to sit there and hold the horns in place.

Best wishes on your journey!

C
C
personally i use the medela swing.. size and price are just perfect.. its very quiet and i use it every lunch break in the office.. saves time too as its a dual pump..

B
B
I warmly recommend the Medela Pump In Style Advanced which is simply the best breast pump I've tried. The great thing about it is that it's super fast... I get finished pumping in half the time it takes to use my manual pump.

Very much recommended! smile

Last edited by BeccaMommy; 07/05/11 01:03 AM.
D
D
This is an excellent pump, one of the best in the market

you can visit my site tonsilstonesadvisor
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.