Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Jenny I would watch all the videos on latching. Making sure you have a good latch will minimize the soreness. It should not hurt to nurse. If it does your latch is not good. You maybe sore for a few days but I always thought that nursing was far more comfortable than pumping. Good luck to you. It is so close!!!!

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
BC, Canada
BC, Canada
Jenny, sorry to hear that you have been delayed again frown That is so hard! Soon, you will have your baby girl in your arms!

Ouch! That is hard when it hurts like that! Has it always? Have you tried putting cream or something on your nipples before you pump? Like lanolin, something that doesn't hurt milk?
I have been lucky. There are times when I really need to pump and I am really cold and so nipplitis plus pumping doesnt go too well together! I just lower the suction for a few minutes and then I am ok.
I wonder if you changed pumps, if it would be better? Who knows! You have probably tried it all!

I am getting about 8.5-9 ounces consistently. I am going to start night pumping in February so hoping for an increase then!

We are 8 weeks from due date now! I am starting to think about getting little things ready here and there.
Dh is moving our youngest out of the small room (perfect nursery size) tonight. He will paint his new room tomorrow and then I can empty out the room and paint it for our baby girl!

mama to 3 beautiful adopted kiddos-Alexa (8), Angie(5), Jaxon (5) and hoping to bf our 4th little one...due March 2010!
NE Italy, Aviano Air Base
Rapids Offline OP
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
Baby prep is a lot of work, but fun. What color are you painting?
The sore nipples are not getting better. I'm going to do a separate post for help.

**Jenny**
AP to Helina, home from Ethiopia at 10 months old in Feb 2010
BC, Canada
BC, Canada
I am not sure what colour yet. First, I need to pick out the crib bedding. I have found a set that I really like. It is cream and red. So cute. If I go with that, I will paint it cream.

One less day to wait now!

mama to 3 beautiful adopted kiddos-Alexa (8), Angie(5), Jaxon (5) and hoping to bf our 4th little one...due March 2010!
Rapids Offline OP
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
That sounds cute. I like bright colors for babies. Not a big pastel fan.

**Jenny**
Rapids Offline OP
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
OMG! Despite the sore nipples (now miraculously healed - SO weird) I hit another record today. 11.5 oz!!! I'm so thrilled and proud, LOL

**Jenny**
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Congrats Jenny!! It will all be worth it.

BC, Canada
BC, Canada
WOW! Good for you! What did you eat??? haha

I like either, not too picky but never thought red would be something I like. Turns out, set is really cute and red! We will see though. Still not sure.

Is baby's room ready?

Rapids Offline OP
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
Back down to 9oz today. So weird. We are minimalists, so yeah the baby's room is ready, it's just a crib in her brother's room, though. They have to share, we have a 2 bedroom home.

**Jenny**
BC, Canada
BC, Canada
Jenny,
Good luck tomorrow! I cant wait to hear all about the trip. Make sure to keep us posted! Good luck with the bf. I hope she transitions easily for you!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.