photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Mexico
OP Offline
New Mexico
I recently ordered a Whittlestone breast expresser because my Limerick pump keeps acting up and they never find anything wrong with it when I send it to Limerick to get fixed. I've read a lot of good things about the expresser, but I'm hoping it will help in my re-lactation journey. I induced lactation 3 years ago sucessfully and stopped pumping about a year ago so I'm hoping this pump will do the trick before my little angel arrives in mid-feb. Any feedbck will help and if anyone has a Pj's comfort Jr. for sale I'd love to buy it off you! I know how effective the Pj's comfort jr pump is and so far all the other pumps I've used have not compared even slightly to it. They are just so expensive even on ebay and I feel helpless looking at mine knowing it just doesnt work I even tried replacing the pumping kit which isn't cheap either =0( Thanks for listening ladies..

Proud Mama to my precious adopted blessings Zariah Sept 17 2008 Mateo born Feb. 3rd 2010
New Mexico
OP Offline
New Mexico
Just an F.Y.I. DO NOT buy a whittlestone breast expresser if you are trying to induce or re-lactate. It does not have near enough suction to do the trick, so I learn the hard way however I did find a great working Pj's Comfort for $150.00 on ebay lucky me and I'm already back on track especially since little Mateo arrived earlier than expected, he's still in the NICU but I'm pumping away and have already successfully nursed for one session! Here's hoping
-Proud mama

Proud Mama to my precious adopted blessings Zariah Sept 17 2008 Mateo born Feb. 3rd 2010
Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia

That is so great! You might want to read Lenore's story, her first son was a premmie too. It was very encouraging.

congrats on Mateo!

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
Congratulations!
Jennifer

New Mexico
OP Offline
New Mexico
Thank you so much for the congratz! little Mateo is home already and is nursing beautifully, he does have about 3 bottles of donated breast milk per day and at least 2 bottles of enfamil enfacare for added iron and calories. I am providing the other feedings with my own milk and donated milk via medela SNS. I've been keeping track of wet and dirty diapers per day and according to the nurse who visits once a day he is on target and is gaining weight as he should. I may not have as much time to check the board but thank you again ladies I'll keep everyone posted on Mateo's progress and my journey breastfeeding.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.