Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Gamet Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hello,
Our new baby is due in a month (via gestational surrogate). I have been doing the accelerated protocol but only managed to take the domperidone with the Yasmin for the last 15 days. I am scheduled to stop the Yasmin today but just realized that the protocol says to take both together for at least 30 days. Does anyone have any idea how important this detail is? As in, should I extend the Yasmin/Dom protocol for another 15 days or just stop Yasmin now and start pumping?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I really value this service - thank you to all who contribute!

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I would continue the protocol for 15 more days and then stop the bcp's and start pumping. It will still give you two weeks to pump before the baby arrives.
Jennifer

G
Gamet Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks Jennifer! Do you know why it is so important to do both together for a full 30 days?

Illinois
J
J
Illinois
Together they build up the breast tissue and prepare the breasts to breastfeed in a similar way that pregnant women do (it kind of tricks your body into thinking it's pregnant). The longer on the protocol the better. I was on it for 9 months one time and 11 months the second time. I had a full supply very quickly after coming off of it (within a few weeks).

Good luck!
Jennifer

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.