Hi Joylnn,

I started the AP when DD was 9 days old, we had no advance notice at all ( that's another story in itself!) and I stayed BCP for 30 days. I used SNS from day one, trying to keep her at the breast. It worked but I was very frustrated. I found out about this forum and got bumped up to high speed internet and found lact aid. SUCH a difference, MUCH better. It wasn't too hard for me to get use to, there are some tricks like taping the tube on to the nipple ( I used a band aid) and or putting the milk bag in your bra instead of hanging it etc.

I had drops at day 31. I didn't know at that time that BF an adopted baby would feel any different than my bio children with whom I had an abundance.

I too prayed that God would grant me this gift of BF and he did! I was able to provide 90% of her milk needs. We found out at 11 months that she was lactose intolerant,I had no idea.
If it had been up to her, she would have nursed forever ( she is 3 1/2 now. Still asks about my num nums. : )

It totally can be done. I agree with Jen though, any BM is great and the bond is totally worth the time and effort you put into it.
There are alot of gals here that are happy to share their experiences.
hope to hear updates as you go along

Last edited by Linda; 10/08/11 11:55 PM.