photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DawnL Offline OP
extra helpful experienced member
OP Offline
When I stopped the protocol, I got my period, as normal. then I had a 3 month break before I had a normal period. I ovulated, so I was expecting it, and 2 weeks later, there it was. Well, I am a little late now. I didn't ovulate this time, so I am wondering if my period stopped again because I am pumping? I am certain that I am not pregnant. (13 years of infertility has taught me well that I will never be pregnant) I just want to be certain that this is normal. My only other explaination would be that the cysts are back in at least one of my ovaries, blocking the tubes. I had surgery for this in 1992, but haven't had a problem since. I certainly don't want one now!
Does anyone know if this can happen? Probably as soon as I post this it will show up. But I know I didn't ovulate this month, and I know I am slightly late right now. Thanks for any advice.
DawnL

wife to Jim, mommy to Daphne and Jeran and Jalen
Idaho
experienced member
experienced member
Idaho
Hi Dawn, When I was nursing my last baby (adopted at 4 months and breastfed 2 yrs), I had 3 months with no period, then a period, then a month with no period, then a couple months where my cycle was about 45 days instead of the normal 28-30. By then my baby was eating a lot of solids, and then my period got regular again. It kind of reminds me of when you are a teen just getting your period and it is kind of hit and miss for awhile as yiour hormones get regulated.

Mary in Idaho, mom to 7, including 2 from Korea, and Emily Zion (1�) coming home from Ethiopia in February!
H
H
Hi Dawn, just wanted to second that. I didn't do the protocol, but I haven't ovulated or had a period since just after I started taking dom in February. I know high prolactin levels inhibit ovulation, so didn't worry. Saw my obgyn just a few days ago and he said it was totally normal, that it often takes a while to return and then is hit and miss for a while.

Heidi

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dawn,
My sister exclusively breastfed my nephew and she got a period every month. You never know...I wouldn't worry. I will be happy if mine does not show up,,I really got used to no period on the protocol. Take care, Cathy

DawnL Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you!
I knew it was normal to not have a period for awhile, but I didn't know it might come and go while breastfeeding. So I will continue to look for ovulation as an indicator I am going to have a period soon.
Thank you, so much!
DawnL

wife to Jim, mommy to Daphne and Jeran and Jalen
PA, United States
PA, United States
Hey another thought for you...when I was pumping (now just pregnant and waiting oh waiting LOL), I wouldn't get a period forever...then if I missed a few pumpings for a day or two I would get my period. As long as I kicked in more pumpings and kept it up during my period it was relatively short and I wouldn't see it again until I got discombobulated and forgot to pump again. Just another possibilty. There are so many variables considered normal when you are nursing.

Now just hopeing I don't have the same probs with this baby and nursing as the last one. Why do we learn the hard way with the first? LOL

Susan

Susan
Mom to Belle and Evan both who benefited from the protocol. And Xander the breastfeeding wonder!

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.