Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14845 08/30/12 03:26 PM
M
mommar3 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
i am 38 yrs old have had three children my youngest is 14 i am adopting in oct 2012 as that is when baby is due i would like to breast feed but am unsure how to do so i am on some medications at the moment... i would like to do it as natural as possible... we are expecting baby to be born oct 9-10 via c section....and i would like to get started on stimulation as soon as possible thanks..

mommar3 #14846 08/30/12 03:31 PM
M
mommar3 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
oh ya i forgot to mention i have had a partial hystorectomy still have ovaries and tubes no uterus and i really want to breast feed as it is the cheaper choice...

mommar3 #14848 08/31/12 06:21 AM
Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I think that most people that try to adoptive bf without the domperidone don't have much success and have to supplement most of the baby's milk needs.

The best chance of success is to do the accelerated protocol which includes birth control pills or progesterone and domperidone in combination for 30 straight days. Then you would stop the bcp's and start pumping. The supply increases slowly (it isn't like when you nurse a bio baby - it doesn't "come in"). You don't have a lot of time, so if I were you I would order the domperidone and the bcp's at inhousepharmacy.biz ASAP and start the protocol. After you stop pumping, you can also add in the herbs fenugreek and blessed thistle.

If you decide to do it without the domperidone, then you can just start pumping, but I would not expect to have much milk by the time the baby is here.

You can do a search on this site. There is a menopausal protocol that might be better for you because of the hysterectomy, but either way it is similar to what I outlined above.

Good luck to you!
Jennifer

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.