Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
If you aren't seeing breast changes, then maybe you should try the Ortho? Did Lenore suggest adding any progesterone?
Jennifer

MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
She did suggest the Ortho but it was because the clinic no longer recommends taking Yasmin. Do you find that some women respond to one type BCP and others respond better to another? Our bodies are all different.

Colette
South east
South east
For one thing. the Yasmin made me nauseated. I don't know if another one would have, but I felt awful the whole time I was taking it.

I also managed to have the period from hell while still on the pill (even skipping the placebos). It was 3 weeks long, heavy, and painful. If I ever do this again, I'll try something else.

Mom to Ty and soon-to-be mom to Toby.
MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Hi Everyone,
Update...
I have just completed two full months on Yasmin and I am just starting to feel some breast tenderness. smile
I am going to remain on the birth control pill for two more full months and then start pumping.
I will keep you posted as I go along.

Colette
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Glad you see changes!

MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Jennifer (jenmarko) question??

You have been around awhile and talking to many people. I have read many posts from people that where on the Yasmin BCP doing the regular protocol that had little or no breast changes but can't find much information on how milk production worked out for them. I have read yours stated many times, that is Yasmin worked out very well and both times you did achieved full milk supply. Do you remember if most people using Yasmin had the same success rate? No breast changes but the Yasmin was still very successful?
Thank you Jennifer for any help,

Colette
Illinois
J
J
Illinois
I honestly don't know. I know Yasmin was the recommendation when I started the protocol and I did see quite a few people having good results with it. But I think the breast changes is dependant. I do have a bio son and I didn't have much breast change while pregnant with him either. My breast change came after I started bf.
Jennifer

MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Thank you Jennifer. I did spend a few hours last night sifting thru a search for Yasmin and success rates and all that I found actually where very successful! Most little if any breast changes. When I do start pumping, I will post my progress for people to draw upon my experience.

Colette
MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Baby is expected to be born early. Due date was February 3rd but doctor has put her on bed rest hoping to make it as long as possible. So my regular Protocol has turned to accelerated Protocol! I was on Yasmin for 68 days.

Started pumping yesterday and at first pumping I got 5 ml !! Then second 2 ml. Then only .9 mil.
Today it is just drops. I know hormones are very much still in my system but was so excited with the huge start... Now I guess reality is here. I am really so excited though to be doing this amazing journey!

Colette
C
C
Good luck! You've got plenty of time to get regulated!!! Just remember to relax!!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.