That's great Colette!!

MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA

Here are my new blood test results...

This is after 2 months on Yasmin and 110 mg Domperidone. Then followed by 2 months on 200mg prometrium while using .01 estradiol patches on my breasts with 150 mg Domperidone.

Estradiol 559 pd/ml
progesterone 13.6 ng/ml
prolactin 735.32 ng/ml
TSH 3.52

The doctor said that these numbers are very impressive for a menopausal female. We have succeeded in creating a pregnancy state.
I have one more month on these hormones and then on to NURSING and breast pump!!

All my thyroid levels have remained steady throughout. The doctor said when I go off the hormones with the sudden drop, thyroid levels may change and he will check them again. I am to see him 3 weeks after I stop hormones for the blood work. I stop the hormones on March 24th.

My breasts have really increased in size and still very tender especially on the outer sides and a lot of nipple tenderness. These are all great successful signs. I'm so excited to start pumping.

Colette
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
That's great, Colette. Congrats and good luck.

MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
For my last month here on the hormone protocol I decided to make a few changes. I went to 300 mg Prometrium and instead of the .10 mg estradiol patch on each breast I decided to use progesterone cream on each breast. I come about these changes after doing some reading.

After one week of changing the protocol of putting Progesterone cream on my breasts instead of using the estradiol patches on my breasts, my breasts have become less tinder and sensitive. I do not think these are good signs, so I have gone back to the estradiol patches. I have increased prometrium to 300mg.

Last edited by Colette; 03/09/13 06:26 PM.

Colette
MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Hi everyone,
I am so excited! I start pumping this Saturday March 23. I will be pumping for two weeks before our little boy arrives. I know that is not a lot of pumping time before the baby arrives but I feel the baby will be able to provide better breast stimulation nursing.
I will keep everybody informed on how pumping is going.

Colette
Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
Good luck!
Jennifer

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Good Luck! Keep us updated!

MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Hi Everyone,

My first pumping session went great. I got 5 ml. Then the next was 3 ml and the next was just 1 ml.
What I pumped was thicker than milk and yellowish in color. This is pre milk and is normal. My milk has not come in yet. I am on day 4 after hormones and they are still in my system and effecting the milk and the amount I pump. Since that first day of pumping I have just gotten the thicker yellowish milk and just drops. This too is normal. I will see this change to milk over the next few days and then start to increase in volume. I am pumping about 10 Times a day. I will be back when milk is in.

Colette
MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
The drops changed to milk today! Still drops but Definitely white milk.

Colette
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
That's awesome! Congrats

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.