Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15483 05/03/13 05:24 PM
S
Sarah S Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am waiting to be matched with a birth mother. I stopped nursing 6 months ago (after nursing for 5 years). I wish to nurse the baby that comes but have lots of questions and don't know where to go for answers. I am currently taking bioidentical estrogen and am scared to stop and just start taking Prometrium in case I feel terrible. I want to do this as naturally as possible. I think I would have still had milk but the estrogen stopped it, but I feel better with the estrogen. I'm pretty scared of all hormones and drugs!

Here are my many questions...

1. Has anyone any experiences with nursing and taking estrogen?
2. Can anyone tell me how they feel on domperdone?
3. Where do I get the hormones and drugs?
4. Why do you take just progesterone and not a mix of progesterone and estrogen?
5. What kind of doctor would help me figure it all out?
6. Could I do a version of the protocol with the bio identical estrogen and progesterone I already have available? Just in case anyone knows about all of this - I currently use 1 click 1x daily of 50mg progesterone for 10 days of the month and 3 clicks daily 0.5mg estrodiol every day am and pm.

Thanks for reading this, and thanks in advance for your advise and help.
Best, Sarah

Last edited by Sarah S; 05/03/13 05:48 PM.
Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I would suggest e-mailing Dr. Newman because I can't answer your questions about medications. His e-mail is [email protected] I haven't used it in a few years so I don't know if that is still correct. You could also e-mail Lenore.

2. I felt fine on domperidone - no side effects. I had some weight gain while on the bcp's but that went away when I stopped them.
3. You can get the domperidone and bcp's at inhousepharmacy.biz You don't need a prescription.
4. The bcp protocol is a mixture of estrogen and progesterone I believe, but there is a certain mixture that is ideal.
5. My PCP did help me, but not all are supportive. A lactation consultant might know local doctors that are helpful.
6. I don't know the answer, but you only take the estrogen and progesterone while preparing. You would stop it when you start pumping / bf.

Jennifer

S
Sarah S Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you so so much for taking the time to reply - I so appreciate your help x

C
C
Hi Sarah,

I wanted to ask if you reached out to Lenore or Dr. Newman? and if yes, did you hear back? I am having trouble finding anyone who can advise me on the progesterone and what I am experiencing on it. I wrote to them a few months ago and didn't hear anything back, so I wondered if you have had any luck?

C

Illinois
J
J
Illinois
I have had luck reaching Lenore at this email: [email protected]
I haven't tried to contact Dr. Newman in several years, but his e-mail that I had is [email protected]
Good luck!
Jennifer

C
C
yeah, those are the email addresses I've used; no reply frown

Canada
L
L
Canada
Hi Cindy,

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time reaching me. I recently realized that some emails that were sent to [email protected] were trapped. That situation has been resolved. You can also try me at [email protected]

Best, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
C
C
thanks for the reply!

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.