photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
extra helpful experienced member
Tanya,

I am not sure about just doing the herbs instead of the domperidone. The prolactin levels that are achieved with the domperidone are pretty good. I took herbs WITH the domperidone. I am not sure the levels could get high enough with herbs alone. Now I have heard of a few women that have used the herbs and have had milk. But I would be afraid of it not working and have no milk when time to pump. IT has been done. But I personally have not heard of that many moms that did it. Moms.. if you accomplished this without domperidone. Please respond. I would love to know to smile

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: Nona
The difference in our milk and a birth mothers milk is in the beginning. We have "premilk" It still has immunities in it. And birth mothers have colostrum. When our milk comes in its the same as a birth mothers. There is no difference in our milk.

Nona, could you please tell me how long approximately does that 'premilk' stage last?

Thank you!

Last edited by tanya732; 09/10/14 04:52 AM.
T
OP Offline
T
I will absolutely know let you know how things are going and what happens, and I am sure I will ask a few more questions smile

....and here's one - where do you buy domperidone? I have read that people order it from other countries as it is not approved in US for lactation aid use. What's the best way to get it if I decide to go with it?

Thank you!

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Hi Tanya,

Most of us get it from this website. It took about a week to arrive at my house in the US. It typically requires a signature upon arrival but you can request when you order it that a signature is not required.
http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/

T
OP Offline
T
Thank you Claudia! I am so glad I found this forum, it is such a huge help!

inhousepharmacy is where I always bought mine to. They are great and ship quickly.

Premilk length depends on each woman. ITs the clearer white you get in the beginning. You will know when its just milk. It will take on the full white in color. :0

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
A
A
When I'm on the inhousepharmacy page, it says that a prescription is required before they will ship the order. Is there a way around this? I ordered once from them last year and know I never sent a prescription, but I can't remember how I accomplished that. :-)

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
I'm not sure. I just looked myself and have never seen that before. I wonder if they changed their policy.

T
OP Offline
T
Andrea, thank you for posting the question! Yes, I ran into this 'prescription required' issue too! First, after talking to everyone on the forums about domperidone but before I tried to order from inhousepharmacy I assumed it should require no prescription since noone mentioned it. Then when I got on inhousepharmacy website and tried to order it stopped me from placing my order and asked for prescription. I was going to post this question myself but again I assumed that it just my silly assumption wink that I don't need a prescription, after all we live in US and most drugs do require it. So I started looking for a doctor that would prescribe it to me... yet another expense. My current doctor that manages my HRT has refused to work with me on the protocol as she 'doesn't believe it is going to work and doesn't consider it safe'. I spoke to several doctors on the phone and they all refused to work with me on it! I was so surprised and upset. I would like to start on the protocol asap, the later I start the less effective it will be and I already don't have that much time left. Finally I found one doctor that agreed to see me about it and I have an appt with her this afternoon.

T
OP Offline
T
Andrea, I have a great news! I just talked to Dr. Newman, you should be able to order Domperidone without prescription from http://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/ (.vu not .biz), however you cannot pay with a credit card, you can only use E-check, which should be fine.

I just ordered from them myself. Yay! Now I don't have to go to a doctor! smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.