Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18273 11/14/14 03:00 AM
J
Jessica Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I have been on Domperidone and BC since April and we might be adopting in a week or so. I will not have the six weeks to pump so would I just put the baby to the breast and then pump afterwards? The last time we adopted I had the six weeks and so not sure what to do if I don't have that long. Thank you

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Hi Jessica. First of all, congratulations! That's exciting news. Do not worry that you do not have six weeks, it's ok. I would recommend stopping the birth control once you find out that you are adopting and start pumping right away. Once you get the baby take as much time as you can and just focus on breastfeeding, skin to skin contact, and having the baby at the breast as much as possible. The baby is the best at triggering your body to produce milk and your body will respond. You will want to pump afterwards. Keep us updated.

J
Jessica Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thank you so much! How long do you think I will need to pump for?

A
A
First of all, congrats Jessica!

May I ask for an update? I'm adopting a baby that is due in a week, and have been pumping and on Domperidone for 3 weeks. If you did indeed adopt, I'm just curious how you're doing and if you have had to keep pumping so far.

I'm also wondering how long I'll have to pump for. I'm hoping the baby nursing will eventually replace the pump, though I plan to pump for the recommended 10 minutes after each feed.

Thanks.

Moderated by  Lenore 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.