Next Thread
Print Thread
#2266 09/01/03 05:15 PM
Idaho
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
Idaho
Hi all, Am hoping anyone who has adopted domestically could give me input here. We have been paper-ready since April. Our agency has had all placements up til now take no more than 3 months-- but said 3-6 mo might be a better estimate for us since we are requesting a girl. (we've had 4 sons in a row). We feel good about our agency-- good rep, nice people, etc--and they currently have our profile out at 4 other agencies. Our sw says we wrote a fabulous profile and she has every confidence it WILL happen for us eventually.

While looking on the internet over the weekend, I got info about 3 possible situations with another facilitator. To submit to these birthmoms all they ask is a family profile and copy of HS-- no money because these are AA situations.

I would really like to submit our info for these situations. And I think our sw would do it for us if we asked. But I have already been kind of a pesky client, I am afraid, (calling every week--friendly and polite, but still pesky perhaps) and don't want our sw to get tired of me. So, what do you think? Should we stick withwhat we have and hope it happens soon? Or should we risk wearing out our sw by asking her to submit to a 5th agency for us?

Oh, and one other factor is that b/c of our large family already, I am thinking there will be fewer birthmoms interested in us, so it seems to me that it would be good to broaden our search. But I don't want our sw to think we have no faith in what she is already doing for us...

Mary in Idaho, mom to 7, including 2 from Korea, and Emily Zion (1�) coming home from Ethiopia in February!
extra helpful experienced member
I would not be too timid when it comes to finding your child. You are not bothering, or pestering, your SW. It is their job to help you, and you are paying her to help you with your adoption. If that means sending out profiles to 15 agencies of your choosing, then I am sure she will do it. There is also nothing wrong with keeping in touch with your SW. An experienced SW will know that, just like everyone else in the adoption world, you want your baby as soon as possible.
I think it's great that you are looking online, too. We found our first dd through an acquaintance online. And the current match we have was through ParentProfiles.com. So the computer is definitely our friend when it comes to adoption!
I agree that because of your large family, you may want to spread your search as wide as possible. I know someone will pick you, but it may be harder for find that BM, because of your large family.
And congrats on hitting 20 ounces!!

wife to Jim, mommy to Daphne and Jeran and Jalen
Hey dawn and mary!

Mary, I worried about being pesky too....but hell with em....this is your family!

Dawn, any news? I keep thinking about you....our special pal....and hoping that good news is forthcoming.

E

Mary, I totally agree with Eden!
And Eden, there is no news, yet. We have a meeting with the SWs and BM on Friday. It is mainly to let us know what the chances are of getting BFs rights terminated, and kinda strategize. There are only 4 weeks to go until the baby's due date. Oct 2nd. I have been freaked out and stressed about things, but I can only continue in stressed mode for so long. Then my faith just takes over, and I find myself just planning on the baby joining our family permanently. I will let you know what we find out at the meeting on Friday. I know BMs SW was going to find out from CPS what the precendent is for BFs with an extensive, violent history, who haven't had any legal run-ins for the past 2 years. Everyone keeps telling me he doesn't have a chance. But the SWs are still being cautious about the whole thing. We probably won't know for sure until several weeks after the baby is born. At this point, I am just praying that we can get his rights terminated, and get everything settled before the end of the year.
And I am totally praying my head off, every day!!
Thanks for asking about our family. It really means a lot.

wife to Jim, mommy to Daphne and Jeran and Jalen
Idaho
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
Idaho
Our sw told us this morning that our profile is being submitted this week to a birthmom due to deliver a baby girl in the next few weeks! I am telling myself not to get too hyped, but it is almost impossible. I can just about feel that baby in my arms....The sw said it looks hopeful, but IF this one doesn't work out for us, there are 'more coming down the pike'. SO--- more waiting. Sigh...

Mary in Idaho, mom to 7, including 2 from Korea, and Emily Zion (1�) coming home from Ethiopia in February!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi
I would agree with networking, just make sure facilitators are legal in your state,,,in Maryland they are not... for domestic...good luck! Cathy

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.