Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Frisby Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hi ladies,
I am 55 and followed the menopause protocol. Towards the end of it I couldn't help but check if anything was happening and could easily hand express in the shower about 10 sprays - I'm guessing a tablespoon in all. I thought this augured well, but, now that I am off the progesterone and pumping and hand expressing I'm not getting much - maybe 2 teaspoons for the whole day. The sprays stopped altogether a couple of days after ceasing progesterone and I was vexed - but then I read something about hypothyroidism and reduced oxytocin levels impacting on let-down. So I upped my thyroxine by 20mg and felt so much better and the sprays have started again, but unfortunately not as much as in the shower as above. I never get anything out with the pump (hospital grade) despite jiggling, massage, heat,turning pump suction up/down, using combination of let-down + feeding cycle on pump. Hand-expressing is the only way I get milk out, but I can feel marble-sized lumps in my breasts - milk? I am also on domperidone qid 2 tablets and fenugreek tds 2 tablets (working up to tdsx3 slowly).
Someone suggested I might try an syntocinon nasal spray?
Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences?
By the way, I am trying to produce a supply of ebm for one of my adult children who is having a very bad time with his crohn's.

M
M
Frisby , do you think you built up enough breast tissue ? 60 days is not long enough for some people . I have read that Oxytocin nasal spray is good for milk let down .

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.