photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
extra helpful experienced member
Christina,
I can't find the link...Can you send me another one with a picture of the machine please!

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Sarah! Don't feel bad. You most certainly don't have to pasteurize. I have just had a lot of health officials that have asked me to recommend pasteurizing when doing the donation program. And with Lenores method it works. Satisfies the professionals .

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Christina,
I am sorry I don't have any donors right now. I only have the one cooler coming for my baby. And the mother would only send it to me personally as long as I agreed to pasteurize it. People have spooked her about donating it . She had planned to trash it. So I am just lucky to get it. She is healthy but all the things people say to you about liabilities..Had her backing out on sending it at all! But I will put the word out and see what I can find

here is a page of home pasteurizers
http://hoeggergoatsupply.com/pasteurizers.html

Northeast, USA
S
S
Northeast, USA
Thank you Kerri and Nona for the reassurance! I feel much better and I do trust both of my donors very much and one has gone through extensive testing for milk bank donation. My little Phoebe gobbles the MM right up and I hated the thought of not using the rest! I'm so grateful to both of my donor mommies!!!

California
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
California
Hi Nona,

Here is the link and a photo for the Schleuter Company Safeguard Home Pasteurizer: http://www.schlueterco.com/04/03.asp

Also Nona, could you tell me your thoughts about pumps. As you know, I'm still having low production. Both lactation consultants I've seen locally insist the Ameda is best for me so i just went with what they said ... but what do I know? What I do know is that I'm only getting 1 - 2 ounces per day and that is not enough, and I'm not giving up, darn it! Lenore tells me about the great results the 1,000+ women have had using the PIS and the protocol. Can you tell me what you've found about pumps ... Lenore tells me you are the expert! What about the Whittlestone?

Thanks very much.
Christina

Attached Images

Christina ~ Wife of Henry, Jr. and mother of Henry III, born with the help of our Angel/GS
California
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
California
Thank you for putting the word out, Nona! In the meantime, I'll keep pumping, putting Henry to breast, and using the Lact-Aid as much as possible.
Aloha,
C
PS Attached is a photo of my little miracle!

Attached Images
3268-84.jpg (0 Bytes, 794 downloads)

Christina ~ Wife of Henry, Jr. and mother of Henry III, born with the help of our Angel/GS
Christina,
The Ameda is NOT a real good pump. I even bought one of those things for 800.00 ughhh. The pump in style is so much better. The slowest speed on the PIS is faster than the fastest on the Ameda. The PIS you can go fast for a letdown or more stimulation. I also had a whittlestone horrible horrible pump.. No suction what so ever. I could pump with it for 45 minutes and get small amount of milk. Then get my PIS and get ounces right after. Please do not waste your time on that pump. You will be sorely disappointed.
I have one lady that contacted me. .she has 120 ounces. If you want that you can contact me. Its a start.

Idaho
Idaho
Nona, what is the criteria for being a donor? My son is 15 months and only nurses 2-3 times a day now. Sometimes more sometimes less. I would like to start pumping and storing the milk to donate while I am still producing. I always said if I ever got pregnant again and produced milk I would use it to help the women who are nursing their adopted or surrogate infants. Do you have a handout or something explaining how to be a donor and dietary restrictions etc...
Thanks

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Lalle,
There really are no dietary restrictions. .Just try to avoid real spicey foods. Just as long as your not a drinker or smoker and in good health and not on alot of meds.. Then your great canidate for donations!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.