photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
yasta Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
if I do not get there in time. She is 37 1/2 weeks pregnant and may deliver before I arrive on July 31st. Tickets are set and cannot be changed.

I asked "L" if she would do this because of the importance of the colostrum and I didn't want him to get used to a bottle before I arrived.

Once I arrive I still asked her to pump and provide the milk for him in addition to me breatfeeding him.

"L" is related to me and after much discussion I feel confident and assured she will not change her mind. In fact I expressed my concerns and she said she is carrying the baby for us and knows the importance of breastfeeding
(She breast fed her last son for almost a year).

My question is if I do not arrive in time and she breast feeds him first will he still take my breast ?

Second question, the colstrum is thatthe first few days a mother has it or for how long ?

Thank you for your understanding

Yasta
Expecting #3 thru family adoption

experienced member
experienced member
It shouldnt be a problem with the baby taking your breast after nursing from bmom. It will be for such a short while that the baby wont be confused at all. CONGRATULATIONS!!! We both will be moms again real soon.
Julie

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Yasta, my best friend used to nurse my daughter when she was small. I wanted her to get as much breast milk as possible. So whenever Beth could nurse Beka she did. She also pumped for me while I was using the lactaid so that I could use her milk and not just formula all the time. Beka never got confused by two different breasts. I think it is great that "L" is willing to nurse until you arrive. If for some reason she changes her mind just have them finger feed the baby at the hospital.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Y
yasta Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Thank you Ladies for your support , only you Ladies on THIS board would understand !! If I was to post this same question or statement else where moms and amoms would object.

I feel better. I just wanted a back up plan in case I didn't arrive in time . "L" was having contractions in her 35 week and the doctor stopped them, but said if she has contractions again they will not.

Yasta

...thought I was strange for letting birthmom breastfeed

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.