photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4264 07/20/04 01:37 PM
Georgia
OP Offline
Georgia
As you may know the baby we intended to adopt was born over two weeks ago at 30 1/2 weeks.. Lily is doing well but the adoption derailed there for a little while. It may be getting back on track but during all the stress I stopped taking my supplements and pumping. I had got up to about and ounce a day. I was finding that pumping gave me more time to think and I wound up nearly distraught everytime I sat down to pump. I stopped everything on Tuesday night and only pumped once a day to relieve pressure. Then on Sunday I started taking my pills and pumping regularly again but am getting only opaque white drops much like I did in the beginning. Should I keep trying or just give up? Am I likely to ever get a supply?

Vanessa

happyness30707 #4265 07/20/04 11:04 PM
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Hi
My guess is that your supply will build back up again. I think there are lots of women who stop breastfeeding and then re-lactate to start again.

I'm sorry that the adoption was such a rocky road. I hope that it can go through with certainty for you so that you won't be left hanging. Boy, do I remember that stressful feeling while you are waiting. We had to stand by for 3 days after a c-section and I was pacing in the hotel room. I panicked every time the phone rang. Sadly, that placement fell through. Too much pressure from the grandmother. But we survived and moved on to the next opportunity.

Our little adopted daughter will be 3 years old next month. A true Godsend!

Good luck. Try some de-stressing activities like "eating ice cream at a parlor." "Walking around the hotel block several times." "window shopping at a local shopping mall"

Let us know how you fare.
Thinking of you,
LD
{{{{{HUG}}}}}}

LD
California
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
California
Vanessa,
HUG! Well, keep the faith on your milk and your baby. God will give you the baby he wants you to have, just trust His plan for you and keep pumping. Perhaps you could go to the local library and borrow some books on tape or CD and listen to those when you pump ... watch TV, listen to radio, read, pray, etc .... distract your mind.

Hang in there, Sweetie.

Aloha,
Christina

Christina ~ Wife of Henry, Jr. and mother of Henry III, born with the help of our Angel/GS
California
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
California
One more thing, are you using a hands free bra or an old bra with holes cut in to hold the pump. It will help you a LOT not to have to hold the horns while you pump... then your hands are free to do whatever ... even talk on the phone, and your mind will have an easier time thinking pleasant things.

Aloha,
Christina

Christina ~ Wife of Henry, Jr. and mother of Henry III, born with the help of our Angel/GS

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.