Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Indiana
L
OP Offline
L
Indiana
After having a partial hysterectomy (I still have my ovaries) at 30, is gestational surrogacy our only option to having biological children?

How does most middle class working families afford to do this? It looks like the average gestational surrogacy costs $100k for the inteneded parents. Am I figuring this wrong?

thanks in advance,
Michelle

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
It is if you want the child to be both of yours biologically. Traditional surrogacy would mean that biologically it is only your husbands. Lenore had sent me some info once on a fertility doctor. I will see if I can find the link. There was lots of info linked to that site. If I find it I will come back and post it here.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
M
M
I just wanted to add my thoughts on your situation. I am a Gestational surrogate currently 7 months pregnant with my first surro baby. My Ip's and I are not working with a agency, so it doesnt cost as much. If you find a surrogate independently, get your own lawyers and do your own contracts throught them, I dont think It should cost that much. A surrogate's fee can range anywhere from 5,000-20,000 dollars based on if she had been a surrogate before or not. Experienced surros ask for more, generally because they know the ropes of the process and IP's know they dont have issues surrendering the baby once its born. If you go through a agency you will pay a lot more.
A helpful tip: Search for a surro who has had all the Medical and pschycological testing done, carries her own insurance and is ready to go. Otherwise you have to pay for all of that.
For example I am considered Average re-imbersment. My IP's pay my Fee in monthly payments over 10 months during pregnancy, all IVF fees, medical not covered by insurance provider, and Lawyers fee. I dont know about The IVF total bill, but All of my fees, plus my Lawyers and medical it will be about 15,000. I hope that helps. It is AWESOME that you will be able to have your own children biologically. Most intended mothers dont have that option. GOOD LUCK

Idaho
Idaho
I was going to suggest maybe a relative to be your surrogate. mommy2Leilani is right when you go private, even in adoption it really can keep the costs down. There is also a post I believe in the infertility topic about low cost IVF.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
J
J
Originally Posted By: mommy2Leilani
I just wanted to add my thoughts on your situation. I am a Gestational surrogate currently 7 months pregnant with my first surro baby. My Ip's and I are not working with a agency, so it doesnt cost as much. If you find a surrogate independently, get your own lawyers and do your own contracts throught them, I dont think It should cost that much. A surrogate's fee can range anywhere from 5,000-20,000 dollars based on if she had been a surrogate before or not. Experienced surros ask for more, generally because they know the ropes of the process and IP's know they dont have issues surrendering the baby once its born. If you go through a agency you will pay a lot more.
A helpful tip: Search for a surro who has had all the Medical and pschycological testing done, carries her own insurance and is ready to go. Otherwise you have to pay for all of that.
For example I am considered Average re-imbersment. My IP's pay my Fee in monthly payments over 10 months during pregnancy, all IVF fees, medical not covered by insurance provider, and Lawyers fee. I dont know about The IVF total bill, but All of my fees, plus my Lawyers and medical it will be about 15,000. I hope that helps. It is AWESOME that you will be able to have your own children biologically. Most intended mothers dont have that option. GOOD LUCK

So this is the process, does the IP's signed a contract for that agreement? My Brother who is a Gay will have his surrogate provided by this center in India named Adiva and I am wondering if it will be covered by the center or still my brother has obligation for the surrogate. I am really uncertain since you mentioned that in your case the IP's are the paying for your health chckups etc. Please enligthen me about the process and also this is the center profile of the center - https://www.placidway.com/package/571/Adiva-Offers-Surrogacy-in-India
do you think it is credible and can really help my brother?

P
P

Last edited by Progenesisivf; 01/19/18 07:20 AM.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.