L
Lenore Offline OP
extra helpful experienced member
OP Offline
L
Canada
Hi Everyone,

Last night at 4 AM without warning my 21-month-old son started to cry. The crying got louder and louder so my husband went to investigate. He found Ethan just outside our bedroom door at the top of the stairs!!! Ethan had crawled out of his crib and was just standing there. He had never done anything like this before. We had a serious dilemna because he's too young to move into a toddler bed.

Luckily we know a very sweet couple, Samuel and Rachel Spiegelman who run a child safety service. I telephoned them and they provided us with a "crib tent" that prevents these types of episodes. I am passing on their website to you in case there are any child safety needs that concern you.

www.ProtectEnfant.com "Protect Enfant" is French for "Child Protection" and they speak French and English. Their email is info@ProtectEnfant.com

Hope this helps. Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Great site lenore.. .Thanks for posting it. I am glad hubby got to Ethan. Very scarey!

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Nona #6142 08/12/05 03:14 AM
TN
L
L
TN
I've used the crib tent and so has my cousin. I HIGHLY recommend this wonderful product!!!

Canada
L
Lenore Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Canada
Hi Ladies,

Here's the crib tent we're currently using http://www.totsinmind.com/products/crib.html

What's great about this product is that it prevents baby from climbing out of the crib, prevents animals from getting in, and it's flexibility allows you to raise and lower the crib railing as you would normally.

And it only cost us something like $100 Canadian for this product. Small price to pay for the safety of my baby. He was at the TOP OF THE STAIRS!! AND THE GATE WAS OPEN!! because we didn't expect him to climb out of his crib in the middle of the night.

A thread on another board saved my son's life. Because of this mother, I knew what to do.

Warmest regards,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.