Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is going to be 7 months old on the 14th, and for many reasons I stopped bf'ing at 1 month. Ive got cerebral palsy which made bf'ing extremely difficult, then i got the yest infection in my boobs that we kept passing back n forth to eachothser, it was not the best experience, but now I really really want to try again. Do you tihnk 7 months is too late to relactate?

Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Dear Meilan,

If you wish to relactate, you most likely can do it. Many mothers here on these message boards, have induced lactation without a pregnancy, including myself twice. So you're way ahead, having already given birth.

The best thing to do would be to contact a board certified lactation consultant to assist you with strategies to get your baby back to the breast.

Babies go where the milk is so it would help if you could pump with a good double electric breastpump like a Medela Pump in Style Original every 2-3 hours by day for about 20 minutes on the medium setting. And please discuss the idea of using domperidone to help re-establish your milk supply.

You can find a board certified lactation consultant here www.iblce.org Just click on the "About IBLCE" button and the US and International registries pop up.

Please keep me posted on your progress.

Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.