Print Thread
#6579 01/23/06 08:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's a new site in town!! Come help us grow at http://bellemamas.com/forums/index.php

#6580 02/16/06 10:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought this was going to be a thread about how wonderful Ask Lenore website has been. It's not, but since the title fits I thought I'd reply and just tell Lenore to keep up the great work!

#6581 02/19/06 07:07 AM
Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Dear Peanut's mom,

Thank you for your generous and thoughtful remarks. Unfortunately, the above site promotes bottle feeding in a manner which contravenes the World Health Organization's Code concerning Breastmilk Substitutes (THE WHO Code). Among other things the bottle feeding forum is listed before the breastfeeding once giving the appearace that bottle feeding is superior to breastfeeding. The above site also appears to support the Ferber method of training infants to sleep through the night, a method that Ferber himself has done considerable back-tracking if you've been following the controversy in recent months.

There are other problems too numerous to mention. And therefore, as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant who is bound by the IBLCE Code of Ethics, I cannot support the above site. I'll leave the URL up for the next few days but I'll have to take it down after that in order for our site to continue to comply with the WHO Code.

Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.