photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi I was seeing Carole (the latch queen and amazing LC) in Montreal in December had the pleasure to meet Lenore in at the BF support group in Montreal. (Hi Lenore!) My daughter Ayla is just 4 months old and we have been on domperidone since december, we were using the Supplemental Nursing System up until this week, but she has been weaned, yeah!!!!Ayla and I had a lot of nursing challenges since birth, borderline tongue tie, that seems to have corrected itself, a poor latch cause by her tiny size and tongue issues, and it seems as if I have been suffering from Sheehan's Syndrome due to the large blood loss during my c-section. Well I'll get to the point, milk quantity is up, Ayla is eating more efficiently and has gained nearly 2 pounds in the last month and she is off the SNS. My question is with regards to her bowel movements. Since she is exclusively BF her BM seem NON seedy and NON lumpy almost only like a moderately thin liquid, is this ok? Or is she missing something critical, I keep looking for PIECY POOS and I am not finding them. BTW her demeanor is amazing, she is bright eyed, active, happy and achieving milestones very very early. Any and all information is appreciated. regards, Joyce

Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Hi Joyce!

Welcome, welcome. So nice to see you. And what a nice post, thank you!

Well, from the photo it looks like your little one is doing just fine. You didn't mention the color. If the poop is yellow-green, you're headed on the right path. Also, you'll notice that it's not smelly. Poop of exclusively breastfed babies doesn't really have that much of an odor.

But if you're really concerned, just save a poopy diaper, put it in a plastic baggie and bring it in to the clinic or to the mother-baby support group and we'll be happy to have a look.

Fondly,

Last edited by Lenore; 02/10/03 01:22 AM.

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
OP Offline
Lenore,

Thanks you so much for your promt reply to my poopy diaper question, amazingly for the past few days the poop has been nice and piecy, pasty and full of strands, I concern that I don't see enough pee through the day but I think that is just me being nervous about something. How many pee dieapers should I see at this stage?

Ayla has been gaining incredibly well for the past 6 weeks or so, in early December she weighed only a little over 8 pounds, and now she is a plump little 12 pounder, and I am thrilled to say that she has not had any formula supplementation for almost a week, and has continues to gain very well.

We would love to comy by the clinic or support group but we are living in Copenhagen, Denmark just now, we came back to Europe just after New Years, but we promise when we get back to Montreal to stop in.

Lenore on a side note, I just read your story and was both touched and inspired by it. Thank you for sharing, Adam is lovely, and I pray that Ayla and I will make it to 8 months, I believe we will without a problem, it took more than 3 months to firmly establish as a breastfeeding pair, but we've done it so we're going to keep going as long as we can.

best regards,

Joyce and Ayla

Canada
L
L
Canada
Hi Joyce,

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought you were still "local". That would be quite a jump across "the pond". And thank you for your kind words about my story. I'm happy to have been able to share it with you.

The poops you describe sound fine to me. As long as your baby is gaining well, you have nothing to worry about. Poops are actually a better indicator than pees at this point. If it's coming out, it's going in, so just relax and enjoy your baby and a wonderful breastfeeding experience.

fondly, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.