Page 2 of 2 1 2
Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Hi Katie's Mom,

Take a look at the ruling in Texas that Esther provided. It give doctors and pharmacists an avenue for providing non-FDA approved medications. To be sure about all of this, kindly discuss the above with an attorney.

Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Kansas
K
OP Offline
K
Kansas
I am currently talking with an attorney who volunteers with Le Leche League... Part of the problem I'm having is finding a physican who WILL write the prescription - not sure if they've seen this ruling or not. I wish this route wasn't so expensive! The attorney is checking to see how "on board' a doctor has to be to keep me legitimate - in other words, if I ordered from a company not requiring the prescription.

Katie's Mom
Idaho
Idaho
katiesmom how about a pediatrician or another doc sympathetic and willing to work with you?

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Kansas
K
OP Offline
K
Kansas
I've tried the nurse practitioner in my pediatrician's office, as she is also a lactation consultant. No dice. But again, I'm not sure if she has the latest info.

This coming week I have appointments with both my ob (to follow up my c-section) and with my pediatrician, whom I haven't met yet. I have had a good relationship with my ob to this point. He has been a wonderful doctor, and I've been his patient for about 8 years. That's why I went with him initially - he knows me best.

I will probably try to approach both doctors this week - and possibly our family physician (whom I've only seen once - I'm never sick) if need be. My daughter's pediatrician is actually from Egypt, so I'm hoping she will be a little more open minded. I think the others are afraid of getting in trouble - and I have no desire to get them in trouble. I just want to do all I can to breastfeed Katie.

BTW, I ordered the Lact-Aid today. I think it will be easier to use than Medela SFS, and I'm interested in anything that might make this venture more successful.

Thanks for you encouragement,

Katie's Mom
experienced member
experienced member
FYI www.globaldrug.tv does not require a prescription because they are based in a country that sells domperidone over the counter. Most moms purchase from them. If your doc won't write the script you can still obtain the dom. BUT it is very important that you inform your doctor so that you can be monitored. You'll be spreading a little knowledge at the same time....

Kansas
K
OP Offline
K
Kansas
Right, Esther, I appreciate and understand that. I would like to order it from them. The question is - is it legal for me to do that? I'm working on finding that out this week... Maybe it isn't a black and white issue. Then I still want to find a doctor comfortable with the knowledge that I'm taking it - even if he's not providing me with the prescription.

Katie's Mom
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.