photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
[color:"pink"] [/color] My newest addition to the family arrived early on October 1st she's a month early but doing well. Ivannah Nichole (Ivy) weighs in at 3lbs 2oz's 16 1/2 inches long. She is on a small amount of oxygen and she is on an apnea monitor because she forgets to breathe sometimes. Once she learns how to eat a little better, gains some more weight, and has less apnea episodes we will be able to take her home. We are soo excited and grateful to my sister for giving us this little blessing we don't know why she was born early but she's here and doing great.
I'm pumping about 3 oz's a day now (2.5 weeks of pumping) and I have a few oz's stored so hopefully we'll have a good supply by the time she comes home! (a couple weeks or so) I have not tried breastfeeding her yet I'm probably going to wait until she comes home where I'll feel more comfortable. I probably won't be back to post anymore for a while. I'll be pumping up a storm by my daughter's side until she comes home. Thanks for everyone's support please wish us good luck and pray for Ivannah's health. God bless!

Married to Steven Mother of Adopted Blessings Tyler 8/04 and Enrique 11/06
Induced lactation since 9/06
Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Dear Richette,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! As a mother of a preemie I can offer two pieces of important advice. Hold your baby skin to skin as much as possible, and provide as much breastmilk as you can. There are milk banks available that can assist you. The hospital should be able to help you with that.

Good luck!!!
Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
OP Offline
Thank you soo much Lenore I can use all the support I can get. My son was a preemie as well but I was as much involved being that we was not adopted until after the NICU. The Dr's say she is doing well, she has a feeding tube down her nose right now which I am providing breastmilk for. After spending time with her I'm letting about 5oz's of milk down each pumping session now so my milk supply has gone up dramatically which I am so excited about. We aren't sure how long she'll be here for. The Dr. thinks her due date was wrong and she's about 6weeks early being that her size is so small, But she is here and doing great! We do a lot of skin to skin, and she sleeps so peacefully in my arms, it's amazing how much I love her already =0) I'm heading over there now I just thought I'd stop in and give an update. Take care and God Bless!

Canada
L
L
Canada
Thank you so much for this update. My son was 8 weeks premature. 5 oz at each pumping session is EXCELLENT. Save and store every drop. And keep up the great work you're doing. Your little one is lucky to have you for a mommy.

You can expect your baby to be able to go to breast as soon as she can "nipple". At that point it may be a good idea to ask the hospital if their lactation consultant can assist you.

Best, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
OP Offline
We are doing great I'll keep you further posted she's growing wonderfully and is begining to suckle on her pacifier so I think it's almost time to introduce her to breastfeeding I can't wait!! It still may be a while but I couldn't be more ready.

OP Offline
She is home and we are busy busy I'll keep everyone posted!!

Idaho
Idaho
Hooray! How great to be home. Give us all the particulars when you get a chance.
Hugs

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
OP Offline
She is doing so great she weighs 5 lbs 7 oz's and is about 18 1/2 inches long now. She has adapted to breastfeeding quite well. I supply all of her feeding needs as of now that she's drinking 3-4 oz's a day. Tyler just adores her we'll be taking new pictures for Christmas this year so I will make sure to keep everyone posted on how both my babies are growing healthy. Tyler is taking well to my milk he isn't as sick this year as opposed to last year (I'm hoping that has something to do with me) so we'll keep our fingers crossed this R.S.V. season. Hope everyone is doing well have a wonderful Thanksgiving.. I have so much to be thankful for =0)

OP Offline
And thanks again for everyones support we greatly appreciate it!

OP Offline
Ivannah is no longer with my family =0(

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.