Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Oh Richette what happened? I am so sad for you!

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
OP Offline
My sister decided to keep her baby about 2 months after she was born. We didn't rush paper work because I thought we had plenty of time.. then she changed her mind. I see her daily but it is very hard, I worked so hard to get breastmilk for her (which she recieved for the entire 2 months)so it is sad to see all my hard work go to waste. I never stopped pumping and storing completely, I pumped once in a while so I've lost most of my supply, but I am starting to pump and do the dom and herbs again in hope we will be adopting a little boy soon he's 4 months old. We are excited but not holding our breath. We will heal we have not given up hope yet!

Married to Steven Mother of Adopted Blessings Tyler 8/04 and Enrique 11/06
Induced lactation since 9/06
Idaho
Idaho
Wow, I am so sorry. That must just be horrible. Are you and your sister okay? I know none of my business I just hope that you are. I am very excited for you and this new baby. It is good you haven't given up hope. Keep pumping smile it is good you didn't stop completely that should really help you build your supply back up.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
OP Offline
My sister and I are on good terms. She really wanted to give her baby girl to me.. but she started talking to the father again and he promissed her they would raise the baby and be a happy family. So far he has stuck to his word. I still have my little Tyler he'll be 3 in August but he's still wearing 12 month clothing he's so small! I love it! I rented a Lactina since my Limerick has been acting up and it works great! I have it for 3 months so hopefully by then I will be well supplied. It didn't take long for a healthy supply when I first induced so I'm hoping this will be a speedy process. We should hear from the mother of Enrique (the baby boy we're hoping to adopt) by next week when she gets into town. This is her 5th child and she cannot take care of him so of course we will accept him with open arms. This time we'll do paper work a.s.a.p. Thanks so much for you concerns and support it's nice to know someone else out there cares =0)

Married to Steven Mother of Adopted Blessings Tyler 8/04 and Enrique 11/06
Induced lactation since 9/06
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.