photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8893 05/11/07 07:34 PM
K
OP Offline
K
I have been successfully breastfeeding my now 4 1/2 month old adopted daughter. About 4 weeks ago I lowered my domperidone dose to 40 mg /day. I have about 30 days worth of pills left if I continue at that rate and was wondering what your thoughts are if I discontinue all use at that point? Do you think that would effect my milk supply?
Thanks!
Karen

Last edited by KarenandIra; 05/11/07 09:08 PM.
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
if it hasn't effected your supply dropping to half ... then that is great! I would go down slowly... drop it to 30 mg... then 20mg... IF you see any drop in your supply then you can go back up in your dose.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
K
OP Offline
K
Thanks for your reply. I guess that makes sense however I would run out in the next few weeks. I was hoping not to have to order more if not necessary.
I was wondering if anyone else stopped the domperidone and had continued success with bf adoptive babies

M
experienced member
experienced member
M
Hello! I was just wondering if you did wean off the dom and how your success was? My "ideal" would be to wean off the dom eventually too, however I'd be afraid of loosing my supply... I'd love to hear your experience!! smile

Last edited by mommy2three; 06/10/07 11:29 PM. Reason: changed how i phrased it
K
OP Offline
K
Hi!
I don't check in this website that often so if you want to talk more you can e-mail me at [email protected] (i think it is ok to give you that?)
Anyway, I was not successful weaning off and thankfully I saved one pack to go back on. I think I was off about 3 days and noticed a significant drop. I am back on the pills and don't feel I am back where I was before I stopped.
Gotta run for now, e-mail me if you want to talk more!

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.