Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9101 06/30/07 04:34 AM
E
Eve Offline OP
OP Offline
E
We have been chosen for a baby girl who is due July 10th, but we just recieved a call that she might come as early as tonight. I have been on BCP for 22 days, and Dom for 15 days. My understanding from reading prior posts is that if she comes before finishing the 30 day protocol, I should breastfeed with the supplementer while continuing BCP and Dom until the 30 days is done, at which time I would stop the BCP and add oatmeal and herbs. Is this correct?
Thank you for your advice.

Eve

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Eve that is correct. It really is best to stay on the protocol for the minimum 30 days. Once baby is here feed her with a supplementer and after your 30 days stop the bcp keep taking the domperidone and add herbs. Continue to feed with the supplementer and if you can pump with a double pump after feeds. (5-10 minutes)

Also your 30 days of the protocol is counted from the time you were taking both the dom and bcp together. SO 15 more days from now.
Congrats on being chosen.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
E
Eve Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thank you for clearing that up, although that brings up another issue. I had a full-blown period starting about a week after starting the BCP, then have had lesser bleeding since then. Is this the normal "breakthrough bleeding" that other women experience? I suppose I should talk to my doctor? Two more weeks of this...yuck! Definitely worth it, if I am able to nurse this baby, though.

Idaho
Idaho
Yes some women unfortunately have break through bleeding like that all the way through the protocol. You maybe surprised to see your flow stop once baby is here and on the breast. smile

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.