Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
I totally understand Rochelle. Try to remember that she is hormonal as well so will get upset maybe more over small things that she wouldn't if she wasn't pregnant. I am sure she realizes you have helped her a lot.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Douglasville, Georgia
R
OP Offline
R
Douglasville, Georgia
Well here's an update we were receiving an email a day and now nothing, her phone is still on and I left her a message but she's not returning phone calls or emails now so we have no communication now so we are just going to wait and see that's all we can do.

DW to David
mom to 2 teen boys EJ & Devin
Waiting on our Little Princess
I would make a trip to where she is. Knock on her door and talk to her face to face. Find out what is going on. You will definetly get a better feel for things if you do that.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Nona #9274 07/15/07 06:20 PM
Douglasville, Georgia
R
OP Offline
R
Douglasville, Georgia
Thast's what I was thinking of doing, I did receive an email from her today, it seemed to be very sincere and it gave us some idea about what's going on but I think a visit is in order.

DW to David
Idaho
Idaho
Rochelle I hope everything works out. At least you heard from her and can proceed from here.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Lalle #9285 07/16/07 02:18 PM
Douglasville, Georgia
R
OP Offline
R
Douglasville, Georgia
Thanks everyone for there advise and support I could not have made it through this without you very sweet, loving, caring moms. I will be going to see her this Friday and she's just really having a hard time, she finally opened up to me about everything and it seems she's dealing with her mom who doesn't agree with the adoption and she will not help her anymore, her mother was the one who she would call for financial help when she needed it. So, because we care about her and her children we are going to see what we can do to make it just a little bit easier for her because she is so stressed out and she's scared she will deliver early and hurt the baby because of all the stress. We know we are taking a chance but if it were a stranger and we could help we would, God will continue to bless us either way. We prayed about it and this is the answer he gave us. Thanks again to everyone for just being there for me.

DW to David
M
experienced member
experienced member
M
Good luck to you!! Keep us updated. smile

have you thought about bringing her and her kids to your place for a break? Our second adoption the BM lived with us for the last 3 months. I DO NOT recommend that. But a few weeks away with you might help her.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Nona #9306 07/17/07 02:45 PM
Douglasville, Georgia
R
OP Offline
R
Douglasville, Georgia
I spoke with her about that and right now she's still working and her teenager works so she really can't leave.

DW to David
S
experienced member
experienced member
S
I can understand your being upset at possibly losing the baby. May I suggest you consider a longer view?

We are going through an adoption agency. We hope for an open adoption because we feel it will be best for OUR baby. My spiritual side says there is a reason why we need someone to make OUR baby for us. As a mom, my most important job is to protect MY child.

We've told the adoption agency we want a birth mom that does not bring drama and crisis into our life. We will (hopefully) have contact with the birth family for the rest of our lives. I don't want someone to tornado into my life, upset OUR baby, and leave again with the child just a little more injured by the action.

If this mom does not give you this baby, maybe it's because the baby that is meant for you is somewhere else. I feel for this child. No matter what the mom does, she is going to use that baby as a pawn forever. Is it possible you are not the only adoptive family she has "chosen?" Maybe there are other parents she's trying to milk for money as well.

The best thing you can do for this child (and yours if this isn't your child) is bring a sense of peace and calm into its world. The birth mom will do what she will do. There are some unhappy people in the world and it appears you've found one of them. I hope she finds some peace.

I hope my message helps you find a path to some peace in this difficult time.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.