Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9255 07/13/07 01:15 PM
S
Spoon Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I've ordered Goat's rue and domperidone. Our birthmom is due mid September.

I have a question about the Goat's rue. Is it a substitute for the birth control pill? In other words, do I start the goat's rue with the domperidone, then at some point stop the goat's rue like you would the BCP then begin pumping and herbs?

My understanding is the BCP is to build up the breast, ducts, etc. to prepare the breast for milk making. (Scary thought...my breasts getting any bigger than they already are, but I digress).

OR, do I take the goat's rue, build up the domperidone to 20mg 4x daily, then pump and add herbs about 6 weeks prior to birth while staying on the Goat's rue. If this is the correct way, how long to I need to stay on it?

I'm hand expressing thick droplets by only eating oatmeal and drinking mother's milk tea. The tea is already giving me a "full" feeling.

Thank you! smile
Kathleen

Spoon #9265 07/15/07 03:17 AM
N
N
Hi kathleen.

I am a newbie too. But will tell you the answer I got. Yes, the Goat's Rue is in place of BCP. I know what you mean about your breast getting any bigger. Mine are starting to and I am so big to begin with. I actually went and tried to get fitted for a nursing bra today at the hospital boutique since I rented my pump today. We couldn't find one that fit right because I am short waisted and large chested. I was told that I needed to start pumping once I started the Goat's Rue/DOM to start to build up my own supply. I am adopting from Guatemala and hope to bring my little guy home Sept. I had a difficult time taking the DOM at first. I got horrible headaches when I would wake up in the morning. On the third try of going on and off the DOM I started off very slowly and now take three DOM pills three times a day (works better for me as the key for my body is to not take it to late in the day/evening.

That is so great you are feeling changes with the oatmeal and mother's milk tea!

Congratulations!

Laurie
Mami to Gabby, waiting for Zack

Laurie - Mami to Gabby and Zack

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.