photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9350 07/22/07 07:01 AM
N
OP Offline
N
I have only maybe pumped a total of 12 times over the course of a week (I know I need to get on a regular pumping schedule). That said my left breast produces more than my right. It has since I started pumping. My left breast also has a horizontal slit over the nipple so maybe that makes it easier for the milk to come out? Is there anything else I should be doing to get the right breast to be more productive or will it in time. I double pump to have time. Would it be better to single pump? Or just not worry about it and keep doing what I am doing?

Thanks in advance.

Laurie
Mami to Gabby and waiting for Zack

Laurie - Mami to Gabby and Zack
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Double pumping is the preferred method. My left breast always produced more while pumping also. It isn't uncommon to have one breast seem to give more milk. Once you are nursing baby will empty each breast and the supply and demand for the child takes over so you will produce what is emptied and then some. smile

You are right you need to set up a regular pumping schedule. Even if you can't do the recommended 8 times a day. Whatever you do needs to be in a regular time frame. That will be your make or break on the production.

When is Zack due to arrive?

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
N
OP Offline
N
Laurie -
Zack is 7 months old and I am hoping/praying to bring him home Sept/Oct. He is in Guatemala.

Thanks.

Laurie
Mami to Gabby and waiting for Zack

Laurie - Mami to Gabby and Zack
Idaho
Idaho
Wow, that is fantastic! And not so far away. Keep pumping smile

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
M
experienced member
experienced member
M
I always have one that produces more at a given time than the other, they like to take turns too. LOL. The worst was with my bio's... I would get HUGE and I made enough milk for a dozen babies it seemed, and the one who decided to make more would be bigger for a day or two until they evened out... frown frown That is awkward!! LOL I notice a difference in my production with induced lactation between the two sides, but not where you can see it through my shirt, lol.

my left has always produced more than my right. Sometimes twice as much.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.