Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
M
Yippeee... looks like your delivery day is fast approaching!! I hope you are getting some sleep (yeah right!) and relaxing before the big day tomorrow.

I have one more week...

Central Florida
Central Florida
No sleep for this chick! Although, I am so tired - I just can't even think of sleep. Sis and her fam are all here. Our usually quiet house of 3 right now has 12 people in it. Really no rest for the weary!
We have to be at the hospital at 6 am. Hopefully, will have baby in our arms by early afternoon.
I will post asap hopefully, with a pic.

Congrats on finding out how much longer - I know for me the first 8 months and 2 weeks flew by but this last week has taken every minute soooooo slowly. Best wishes and my prayers are with ya.

Has your bm settled down at all? Is she more relaxed about everything since her last appt?

Will update as soon I can.
Thanks for your prayers.
Kim

Kimberlee Jo
wife to Jim
sahm
proud to be Abigail's mommy
M
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
M
Yes, our bm is doing much better, thanks.

Its about 10am... you're probably on your way to a baby!! smile Can't wait to see those pictures!!

Central Florida
Central Florida
Ok, here it is 2:15 p.m. Sis is 70% effaced and still at a -2or -3. Dr. said to start praying her down because if she checks her at 3 and she still hasn't dialated past 4 we are going to have to start to schedule a c section. Her pitocin is at the max amount and she needs to dialate.
So please pray that Abigail moves on down the canal.
Thanks in advance,
Kim

Kimberlee Jo
wife to Jim
sahm
M
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
M
OK... almost 2:30 and some big time prayers going your way!!! Thanks for the update, I was thinking about you but didn't expect to see you on!! smile

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Hoping Abigail moved down. Prayers headed your way a little late. Are they letting her squat? That would certainly help.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Central Florida
Central Florida
She made it!!!
She is a very healthy big bean.
8 lb 8 oz
20 1/2 in
born 4:06 pm sunny side up

I'll try later to send a pic - don't know how to yet
Thanks for the prayers. it was only a matter of 30 min to go from 4 cm to fully dialated
Sis had to push for 75 minutes - she's a trooper
Kim

Kimberlee Jo
wife to Jim
sahm
M
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
M
Congratulations!!!!! smile Welcome to the world Abigail!

Central Florida
Central Florida
Here are a few pics
We tried to go to the breast but have not yet been successful. It took her from delivery at 4:06 to 9 pm before I finally gave in and fed her via an avent bottle. Nurses are saying because of the trauma of the difficult delivery to keep trying just that she's pretty bruised and sore. So we're gonna give it another go in the a.m.
http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/KIMJIMBO/?action=view&current=abigail3.jpg

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/KIMJIMBO/?action=view&current=abigail.jpg

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/KIMJIMBO/?action=view&current=abigail2.jpg

Kimberlee Jo
wife to Jim
sahm
M
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
M
congratulations, she's beautiful!

Nurses are great at nursing, but if you are having troubles get a lactation consultant right away to help get her latched. Lactation consultants will give better advice in this area. THere should be one on staff at the hospital, if not get one in on your own. It's better to get her going right away...

Congrats again!! She's beautiful and you all look so happy!! laugh

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.