Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
M
calcium supplements?? Anyone have a guess as to why at 37.5 weeks she would be given this?

extra helpful experienced member
wow.. a little late don't ya think?

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
M
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
M
I thought it weird. She has to have a scheduled c-section too, her last birth was an emergency c-sec and she can't have a vbac because of the type of cut... well, she's been 4cm and on bed rest for weeks, I don't know why he won't schedule the c-sec... she is 38wks3days at her next apt on Monday... hopefully we get a date then...

Idaho
Idaho
Do you go to her appointments with her? Sorry I can't remember if you are nearby. But maybe you can ask about the c-section. Doesn't seem like if she can't do a vbac that they would want her to go into labor at all. fingers crossed for Monday. smile

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
M
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
M
I live nearby, but do not go to the doctors appointments. I offered to drive her there, but she has opted to handle it herself. She did provide her doctor wtih our info and signed a release so that he can call us if she goes into labor and is unable. Last time she delivered she was unconsious for 3 days, and the hospital social worker created a mess for that adoptive family.

Central Florida
Central Florida
Wows! How much longer now?

Kimberlee Jo
wife to Jim
sahm
proud to be Abigail's mommy
M
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
M
I'm not sure. She is 38wks today, so I would think they would do this anytime. I thought they usually did scheduled c-secs about 38wks, she has an appointment on Monday, in the afternoon. Her doctor is in a clinic in the hospital, so I'm hoping they are having a quiet day on Monday and they send her over at the appointment. She can't labor, because of the type of incission she had iwth the last c-sec her uterus could rupture... she's already 3-4cm, Now that she is full term its just making me worry that they haven't scheduled the c-sec yet. I wish I could go to that apt on Monday...I don't want to be pushy though. Hopefully there isn't anythign to that "full moon" stuff you hear... she's full term and its a full moon on Sunday, LOL.

Idaho
Idaho
How many births has she had? I agree with you, you would think they would have her scheduled already.

Last edited by Lalle; 07/27/07 07:57 PM.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
M
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
M
This is her second birth. First one was a placenta abruption... she lives in Detroit Michigan, and the 911 system is terrible. Her mother and her were home alone, her mother is a retired nurse... she new it was an abruption and called 911, the ambulance never came. She tried ever 20 minutes calling 911 for an hour, then dragged bmom to the car herself (super human mamma strength) and drove her to a hospital. The first hospital, even though it was an emergency situation, said they don't do L&D, put her in an ambulance to a nearby hospital. During this time she had lost so much blood... it is a true miracle that hte little girl is fine and bmom is fine. I can't believe it myself, If I hadn't been there for her I wouldn't believe it. Then the adoptive family she had chosen was told by the social worker at the hospital that she had changed her mind, then that the little girl was too sick to be adopted, all kinds of things. Anyway, much to her dismay she was talked into not placing the baby when the social worker was done with the grandma too. She loves her daughter, but she does not want to be a parent. She's a good mom, a great mom really. She just doesn't want anything like that to happen again. She told them she is done, to tie the tubes while they are in there this time.

M
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
M
I forgot to add that the adoptive family said they didn't "sign up for a sick baby"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.