#9479 08/01/07 04:28 AM
Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
OP Offline
J
Illinois
I have been on the regular protocol for about 4 months. We are matched with the baby due September 4th. My question is do I take the last birth control pill one day and start pumping the next, or do I wait a couple days? Do I start pumping 8 times a day right away, or build up to that? Any advice is appreciated.

M
experienced member
experienced member
M
Yup, you have it right on. smile The more you can pump the better, I can't think of any reason to "build" to it. I right now (at 4am) up to pump ... I would definately start right away with 8 pumping sessions. laugh

Congrats and keep us updated!! smile

Idaho
Idaho
Yes Jen you start out pumping around the clock. Just think If you were nursing a baby you would nurse round the clock from the start that is how you pump. How exciting, your baby will be here before you know it. smile

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Jen Stop the BCP NOW. Start your pumping and taking your herbs.. Keep up you domperidone. It may take a week to start seeing drops.. So don't get discouraged. Pump every 2 hours.. and once at night. Get to pumpin!

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Illinois
J
OP Offline
J
Illinois
I am going to wait to go off of the BCP until Tuesday because we are taking a trip and it would be hard for me to start pumping consistently. I will start pumping Wednesday. I just have a pump-in-style and I am going to see how it works for me. If it is not working I will rent a symphony. Thanks for your advice and I will keep you posted.

Idaho
Idaho
smile The PIS should work fine for you Jen. Sounds like a good plan keep us posted.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
M
experienced member
experienced member
M
I agree, PIS is what I have been using. I had a lactina before, I notice no difference. I have no experience with the symphony.

If you choose to go the symphony route.. get a Pump In Style Advanced. Same function but the pump is yours.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Illinois
J
OP Offline
J
Illinois
Well I found out this morning that the e-mom changed her mind. I am sad, but glad that I hadn't started pumping yet. I will stay on the protocol until we are matched again (hopefully soon)
Do you think the PIS Advanced is that much better? I have read that someone like the PIS better. Is it comparable to the symphony? I would consider getting the PISA if it is that good.
Jennifer

M
experienced member
experienced member
M
I am sorry its not going to happen this time. frown frown **hugs**

I liked them both the same, I didn't htink the PISA was worth the extra money, you can speed the regular one up or slow it down based on what you need for a let down, the PISA has a pre-set time where its fast for a letdown, but not everyone is the same, so you may be turning it on and off to restart that phase, or vise versa anyway. jmho

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.