Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Second #9856 09/17/07 01:12 PM
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Second you are still lactating, if the Ameda is a double pump and has worked well for you I would say keep using it. Your situation is a bit different and you aren't inducing lactation, merely will be boosting your supply, right?

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Second #9859 09/17/07 04:48 PM
Denver, CO
OP Offline
Denver, CO
My friend hasn't sent me the ameda yet. And I'm not pumping yet because I decided to go on the accelorated protocol. I'm sorry I can't answer your question. I'll be able to answer it in the middle of November.

Blessings,
Jamie

Wife of Craig since June 5th 1999
Collin 7 yrs
Bethany 5.5 yrs
Mandie 3.5 yrs
adopted Grady James 12.14.07
M
M
Hello,

I have been researching induced lactation for a few weeks now and I thought we were supposed to be looking for only the hospital grade pumps , but I came across this forum/thread while doing a google search and it looks like the reccomendation here is the limerick which is not a pump im familiar with and the medela pump in style which some of the reviews I read online say its a good pump but breaks down fast.
I am also curious why the Avent Isis iQ Duo Breast Pump is not reccomended here since it said by avent to have a hospital grade motor that matches the vacuum strength of hospital-grade pumps and seems to get much better reviews then the medela pump in style as far as build quality and durability.

Ok here is a question:
If you had a choice beween a used 1 yr old limerick for about 220 dollars or a brand new pump in style for the same price which one would you choose?.

Before I came across this site I was strictly looking at used medela lactina's on ebay in the 250 dollar range which is about what I can afford to spend.

Also, I would like to know if the limerick can be used with a hands free bra or other hands free method.

Thanks,
mangogirl

Last edited by mangogirl; 11/15/08 08:04 PM.
Illinois
J
J
Illinois
I have the limerick and like it a lot. I got a full supply within 2 weeks using it (I may have just got lucky, but assume the pump had something to do with it). I also have a pump in style that I use occasionally. I would get the limerick. It is rated multi user, whereas the PIS is not. I don't have a hands free bra, so I can't comment on that. I couldn't make my own hands free contraption like I did with the PIS (using two elastic hair bands on the flange) because the flanges are soft.
Jennifer

Idaho
Idaho
You can take sports bra and cut a small hole in each cup. Thread the horn in from the inside out so the flanges are inside the bra cup then hook up your pump. Walaa hands free.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Lalle #12117 11/17/08 04:07 AM
M
M
Thanks girls,

I got the limerick!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.