photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9650 08/19/07 05:31 AM
Denver, CO
OP Offline
Denver, CO
I got my friends pump in the mail, santized it and used it tonight. I didn't even get a drop.

I've been on the Dom, goats rue and progesterone for a week. When should I be noticing some drops? At what point should I re think the route I've decided to take in order to induce lactation??

Our baby isn't due to be born until December, so I have some time. I'm just curious as to when is the *normal* time women start having drops come out?

Should I be doing something else in addition to what I'm doing??

Thanks!!

Jamie

Off ot pump again, wow every 3 hours!

Wife of Craig since June 5th 1999
Collin 7 yrs
Bethany 5.5 yrs
Mandie 3.5 yrs
adopted Grady James 12.14.07
extra helpful experienced member
I never got a single drop out when I tried pumping without the protocol.. (birth control pills and Domperidone). I would think the progestrone is NOT helping. When we go off the protocol we go off the estrogen AND progestrone. You need to add Fenugreek and Blessed thistle 3 capsules 3 times a day, keep hydrated, pump every 2 hours and once at night. See if that helps any. There are women that can make the natural way work for them. I was just not one of them smile

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Nona #9653 08/19/07 06:44 PM
Denver, CO
OP Offline
Denver, CO
The cream I'm using is the same as "SPOON" uses. It has some estrogen in it. I am trying to remember to take the nasty goats rue more often, I was only doing the minimum.

So if I were to get on BCPs and the last time I used yasmin I had migraines every day which one should I order from InHouse or another pharmacy? I wanted to try to go with out, but I'm thinking you might be right. I tried to look at the other suggested bcp that Lenore suggests in her literature. But I couldn't find it at Inhouse.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you Nona!

Jamie

Collin 7 yrs
Bethany 5.5 yrs
Mandie 3.5 yrs
Idaho
Idaho
The other one is Ortho 1/35 Nona is right on the progesterone. It can prohibit production. I think the protocol is your best bet, yo u still have time to do the accelerated. When in Dec is baby due?

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Lalle #9658 08/20/07 01:46 AM
Denver, CO
OP Offline
Denver, CO
the 21st, but her last two were born a month early. So I want to be pumping in early November just in case.

Thanks! I'll order the Ortho 1/35

Jamie

Collin 7 yrs
Bethany 5.5 yrs
Mandie 3.5 yrs
S
S
Jamie...just a note about the progesterone I was on. I used one bottle up, then stopped. I was taking the dom but not the herbs yet, since I didn't have a pump.

I did it to sort of mimic the protocol without taking the pill. Now I'm just finishing the bottle of goat's rue, pumping and taking the herbs. I am getting quite a bit of milk, so perhaps it helped. But while I was on the cream, I didn't get nearly as much milk.

Hope I didn't confuse you. Everyone has to kind of play around with what works. I would agree that the cream is probably keeping you from getting milk, now, but in my case, it seemed to help me get it after I went off.

However, as with everything else, your mileage may vary!

Spoon #9660 08/20/07 02:20 AM
Denver, CO
OP Offline
Denver, CO
I just don't know what to do! smile

I can't find a place to order the Ortho 1/35 from in Canada. I guess I could go to my doctor, but it's just easier to order it online.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!! (again!)

Jamie

Collin 7 yrs
Bethany 5.5 yrs
Mandie 3.5 yrs
You will need a script from your doctor to get it from canada. But it is MUCH cheaper that way. The BCP here in the states are expensive.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Nona #9683 08/25/07 06:09 AM
Canada
L
L
Canada
Dear Jamiehuns,

Even for mothers who spend months on the protocols, it takes time to build the milk supply. Usually drops come after a few days and then it increases from there. If you had a hard time on the Yasmin, you may have an easier time on the Ortho 1/35. Remember, you can use an analgesic for headaches. Also, domperidone can cause a headache the first week or so.

Regardless of what medications you use, a doctor needs to follow you so you can be monitored and educate at the same time.

If you choose to do the protocol with Ortho 1/35 and domperidone, you would not pump until at least 30 days on the combination.

Best, Lenore

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.