Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Central Florida
OP Offline
Central Florida
I feel stupid asking this but...
Abigail's poop has been green and watery for about 5 days now. We use Enfamil as the supplement but changed the the Enfamil Gentleease 3 days ago to hopefully help with the poops and the gassiness. Well they are still green, don't smell like fish anymore though, but today her diaper was more like green colored water (not even pasty). I know this is gross but should I call the dr? She's been eating every 2 - 2 1/2 hrs. When I bf with the lact-aid she feeds for about 20 minutes and goes through an entire 4 oz bag plus usually wants about 2 more oz (via bottle) afterwards before she seems satisfied. When I just bottle feed she seems to be satisfied with 4 - 5 oz.

One thought I have is can the domperidone be effecting her digestive system? or even any of the other herbs - Fenugreek, Blessed Thistle or Goat's Rue?

Uggh! I feel so bad for her - she moans and groans alot in her sleep and is just plain restless. Besides that I really could use more then 2 hrs sleep.

Any thoughts?

Kimberlee Jo
wife to Jim
sahm
proud to be Abigail's mommy
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
I don't think it is the dom or herbs. My last child had the green poop and we was on 100% breastmilk. The midwife said he could have picked up a bug in the hospital. She had me put acidolphilus powder on my finger or breast so he would ingest it. I recently got some baby bifidus to add to what my kids drink. I will get the name for you. You can try the carnation good start formula it has broken done proteins and is easier on the tummy.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Idaho
Idaho
The fishy smell is odd. Were you using soy formula?

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Central Florida
OP Offline
Central Florida
Lalle,
No soy just Enfamil Lipil with Iron. I kinda feel like she may have a bug - belly ache, low grade fever (low 99's)and her poops. I guess I'll call the dr tomorrow.
I thought the carnation was better but the delivery nurse said it was much harder for the baby to digest and that enfamil was the easiest on the babes. Where can I get the powder and should I wait and talk to dr before I try that?
Sorry, just a bit frustrated,

Kimberlee Jo
wife to Jim
sahm
Idaho
Idaho
I don't know what kind of stores you have near by. Fred Meyer, or a health food market. Where do you get your herbs. They should have it. Usually it is refrigerated. If you get regular acidophilus you need capsules so you can open them. I got a brand KAL Dinosaurs Supplements for Kids. It is called Baby Bifidactyl Probiotic Powder. I put it in my juice when I get tummy troubles. The instructions are 1/4 tsp once a day. But when I have a flare up or the kids get diarrhea I use it 2-3 times a day.

Idaho
Idaho
Did they give you enfamil at the hospital? Usually they push what their free samples are. I personally didn't like enfamil I am sure it has changed in 7 years but my daughter had issues and an LC told me to try the Carnation. It worked great for her. It is like it is predigested so it easier on their tummy.

M
M
I have actually had the opposite proplem with the carnation. It turned my baby's poop black and grainy. I have actually found the enfamil to work better. I agree that she may have a bug.

Central Florida
OP Offline
Central Florida
Well we went to the dr and they think she may be lactose intolerant and put her on soy formula. They also said she might have a touch of colic and thats why she's so fussy this last week.
She's up to 10 # so nutrition is not a factor (she was born at 8# 8 0z just 26 days ago)
Guess we'll try the soy and see what happens.
thanks for ya'lls (showing i'm from the south) input.
smile

Kimberlee Jo
wife to Jim
sahm
Idaho
Idaho
Kim if the soy doesnt' help there is a lactose free formula. Sometimes insurance will pay for the higher priced stuff if you get a script

Central Florida
OP Offline
Central Florida
Well the soy seems to be doing the trick. She slept good last night - only woke up once and she seems to be settled - almost stopped all the moaning and groaning. Also her "poop" had some form to it with the white flakes again. (the flakes are bm - right?? I think that's what I read somewhere). So maybe we're on the right track. My sis reminded me that our mother is extremely allergic to milk products so maybe it's genetic??
Thanks ladies,

Kimberlee Jo
wife to Jim
sahm
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.