Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
I think that is great Second. Obviously your supply is picking up and your plan to wait until you get a heads up on a baby is a good one. Then increase your pumping schedule and maybe think about adding the herbs and dom at that time. You should know by then if you will need them. I would say to look into whether your insurance will cover the pump purchase and if so you can get the Medela Symphony from a medical supply. The limerick is pretty expensive now. So unless you can find a used one or get it through a med supply having your insurance cover you might want to look at another. But renting long term is expensive so buying is definitely a better option.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
S
Second Offline OP
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
S
Thanks for the info.

I doubt if my insurance will pay for the pump rental, we don't even have the baby.

I got an email from Limerick. They sell their pump to adoptive moms for $450. Not cheap, but better than retail.

What I'd like to know is when can I hope to see any significant increase in the amount of milk I pump? I'm using a better pump and I'm pumping more frequently. I only got 4 ounces yesterday after 4 20 minute pumping sessions and extra time during his nap. I used to get 2 ounces during his nap (sometimes in one 7 minutes session, sometimes over the course of his nap.)

We do EC, so he has been functionally potty trained for awhile now. Last night he peed a lot more than he has in a long time. I'm hoping that means he's getting more milk at night. However, for the last 2 nights he has woken up and signed "eat" and acted hungry. I put him on the breast and he did nurse and sleep.

Again, my question is: When can I hope to have any significant increase in the amount of milk I pump?

Thanks

S
Second Offline OP
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
S
In case anyone is following this thread and is interested in an answer to my last question. I spoke with my lactation consultant today. I'm not sure if she was referring to any relactation or just increasing my existing supply, but she said usually you see significant increases in 4 to 6 weeks. Ideally, that would be 140 minutes of pumping per day with a hospital grade pump.

Denver, CO
Denver, CO
Good to know! Thanks!

Jamie

Wife of Craig since June 5th 1999
Collin 7 yrs
Bethany 5.5 yrs
Mandie 3.5 yrs
adopted Grady James 12.14.07
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.