photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
I have been pumping for 2 weeks 4-5 times a day for twenty min. at a time. I have not noticed much change other then my nipples feel like they are going to fall off. The slightest touch of my t-shirt hurts. I am anticipating my daughters arrival at the end of Nov and am wondering if I should try the Yasime with Dom or just order the Dom and start that. I am also taking fenugreek and blessed thistle 3 caps 3x a day. If I do change should I stop pumping at all? I am worried about not pumping! Also should I stop taking the herbs? And should I just add the Dom. or should I try the whole protocol? I really want to breast feed my daughter I think it is very important. I have never been pregnant and so I am alittle worried about not being able to produce. Please Help!

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Trigirl not having been pregnant will have nothing to do with you producing milk. I personally would stop pumping and start the protocol. You would take the bcp and dom together without herbs or pumping for 30-60 days. Maybe in your case 45 days. Then stop the bcp continue Dom add herbs and start pumping (round the clock) until your daughter arrives. If she comes early and the milk isn't established yet that is okay. Get a lact-aid system to nurse with using your pumped milk, your partners pumped milk or formula.
You have a greater chance of producing doing the protocol than you do just pumping and taking herbs.
HTH

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
T
OP Offline
T
I don't have the Dom yet should I start the bcp before I get the Dom. And should I stop pumping immediately. I am kinda nervous about stopping pumping.

Idaho
Idaho
Don't start the bcp until you can take it with dom. It would just be a waste. I would start tapering off of pumping while you wait fo the dom to get here. Then yes, as soon as you start the protocol you need to be done pumping.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
MA
M
M
MA
Lalle, you seem to have been through this with so much success that i have to ask you some advice.
I am waiting for a surrogate baby around april 20th. I have a 4year old and nursed with great success.
I didint think i was going to nurse this time but recently decided to . I started pumping a week+ ago and now it is suggested that i start domperidone 20 mg. 3 times daily. I am on metformin which has a similar effect as bcp (so im not changing to the bcp).
Do you believe that with tons of pumping, domperidone and the herbs, i will produce some milk before the baby gets here?
Please respond.
thanks

Idaho
Idaho
I think you probably will produce some yes. I am not sure though how you should proceed with your special circumstances (metformin) I think we should wait for Lenore to respond.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.