photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nona #8770 04/16/07 06:52 PM
OP Offline
Well.. we're still working on it. It's becoming very exhausting but we aren't giving up. I think he's picking up the fact that food is coming from me we've gotten a couple good latches but then he pulls off because he hears a noise and we lose the latch. We are doing better though, I'm hoping by the end of the month we'll be nursing like pro's. I ordered some stuff called Halawa to help increase milk supply as well. I've heard a lot of great things about it so we'll see if it works. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Married to Steven Mother of Adopted Blessings Tyler 8/04 and Enrique 11/06
Induced lactation since 9/06
Richette #8820 04/26/07 05:00 AM
OP Offline
We are nursing finally! I ordered an SNS I think it would be easier than dealing with the bags from the LactAid. I spend most of the day at home with him so we had a lot of practice time before we got it right.It is the most amazing feeling in the world to nurse him, it's helped us bond so much more than we were before. I couldn't be happier =0)

Richette #8821 04/26/07 06:11 AM
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
That is great Richette. I am so excited for you.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Lalle #8822 04/26/07 12:52 PM
YES!!! We have lift off! That is so great. I am so happy for you!

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Nona #8913 05/21/07 09:36 PM
OP Offline
Hello everyone. Sorry I have not been around to give updates I've been busy nursing my healthy 6 month old he's 17lbs and 26 inches so I must be doing something right! He is almost as big as Tyler! Tyler is still only 22lbs but he's getting a little taller he's fitting in size 18mth clothing now (He'll be 3 in August) He is still drinking my breastmilk from his cup at least 8 ounces a day and the rest goes to Enrique. Lucky for me neither one of my boys has been sick (with the exception of the winter time Tyler caught pneumonia but just a light case he was up and running around within 2 weeks pheeeeeewww) I'm looking to buy a large quantity of Dom I'm running out!! Globaldrug is just so very expensive but I will do what I must, I have come so far my one year of induced lactation is coming up in September and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. I hope to adopt a baby girl sometime within the next few years so if I can just keep my supply until she gets here I'll be set.. she would be my last (maybe) Good luck to everyone out there who needs it! I keep all you girls in my thoughts and prayers.

Nona #9308 07/17/07 05:54 PM
OP Offline
Everything has been going great, The baby is 8 months old now and 18lbs crawling everywhere!! He's eating like crazy refuses baby food but he likes the gerber graduates food so whatever works! We only nurse at bedtime now he stopped taking to the breast during the day.. too much excitement he never wants to sit still and I work a lot so it's working for us.. I still pump at least 4 times a day to keep a healthy supply, he drinks only my breastmilk no suppliment just not very much anymore since he grew teeth he eats everything and very few bottles a day. The dr.'s are impressed with how smart he is and healthy! He's a character this little guy.. Tyler is completely potty trained he's only 5 lbs heavier than Enrique now hehe my little guy is staying little.. at least one of them is =0)

Richette #9309 07/17/07 05:56 PM
OP Offline
Oh yeah.. Enrique had gotten sick last month really bad stomach flu.. he lost a few pounds but is having no trouble gaining it back! He was hospitalized had lots of fluids pumping through him but he only stayed for two days and luckily we were able to get him better at home.. which explains where I've been lately.. hope I didn't miss out on anything! (time to catch up!)

Richette #9323 07/19/07 03:24 PM
I am so glad to see you post! Keep us updated... you sound like your doing great. smile

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Nona #9998 10/17/07 05:53 PM
OP Offline
Hi everyone, it's been a long time! Everyone on this end is doing wonderful! Tyler turned 3 in August and is still working on potty training he's wearing 18 month clothing now and weighing in at 22 lbs, his lil brother Enrique is catching up quickly. Enrique will be one years old on the 11th of next month he's almost walking and is 20 lbs still nursing but not so much from the breast anymore.. he's a biter. I hope all of you are doing well I keep you all in my daily prayers. We're still hoping for a little girl but we will start on that process once the boys are bigger and out of diapers. I'm planning on trying the foster care program but I have no idea where to start. Does anyone know the requirements and process of how foster care goes? I could use a little direction. Well.. I shall return again good luck to everyone and God Bless

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.